Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
This team is so up and down Im honestly worried about losing at home this year to a team like TCU or Oklahoma State at this point. I cant say Ive really had that kind of feeling for a number of years now. All of our home games except Kansas used to be automatic wins, especially against the lower conference teams, but I just dont have that same confidence anymore.

Our 3 home losses this year are all currently in the top 15.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah we've lost to scrub teams on the road like Vandy, Iowa and Texas. We get it, that doesn't make Iowa better than they are.

My whole point is, yeah, I think we are better than Iowa, but sometimes we sure as hell arent playing like it. We have 6 seniors, sometimes we look like we could beat anybody, sometimes we look downright awful.

I just dont think its fair to bash Iowa without taking a critical look at ourselves, yeah their conference sucks, espeically at the bottom, but they have been playing well and are fun to watch most of the time. I cant always say the same for our team.

I actually think they are overacheiving, I thought they would win maybe 10-12 games and 3-4 in the Big Ten when I saw them play early in the season.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Our 3 home losses this year are all currently in the top 15.

So you are confident with what youve seen this year compared to years past that we will easily take care of business in our last 4 home games?

We are very fortunate to get out of the Tech and K-State home games with a win. I think we beat Oklahoma, but man its going to be meltdown city around here when we lose to someone else at home this year.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
This team is so up and down Im honestly worried about losing at home this year to a team like TCU or Oklahoma State at this point. I cant say Ive really had that kind of feeling for a number of years now. All of our home games except Kansas used to be automatic wins, especially against the lower conference teams, but I just dont have that same confidence anymore.
There is a good reason you feel that way this year, the bottom feeders of the Big 12 are all pretty strong teams.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I actually think they are overacheiving, I thought they would win maybe 10-12 games and 3-4 in the Big Ten when I saw them play early in the season.

The beauty of low expectations. You were expecting a **** sandwhich but it was just garbage, Wohoo!

I worry for the drama queens when ISU actually has a season where they're pretty average.

Aug 26, 2014
So you are confident with what youve seen this year compared to years past that we will easily take care of business in our last 4 home games?

We are very fortunate to get out of the Tech and K-State home games with a win. I think we beat Oklahoma, but man its going to be meltdown city around here when we lose to someone else at home this year.
We have to be realistic and say we might lose to Baylor. We can beat them but it won't be easy. I think we will win at TT and KSU is certainly beatable on the road. So I see at least 4 more wins and maybe more. Easily gets us into the tournament.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The beauty of low expectations. You were expecting a **** sandwhich but it was just garbage, Wohoo!

I worry for the drama queens when ISU actually has a season where they're pretty average.

They are in the exact situation this year that we will be in next year, losing a bunch of 4 year players and breaking in a bunch of freshman. So if we start off 14-10 next year thats considered a **** sandwich?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My whole point is, yeah, I think we are better than Iowa, but sometimes we sure as hell arent playing like it. We have 6 seniors, sometimes we look like we could beat anybody, sometimes we look downright awful.

I just dont think its fair to bash Iowa without taking a critical look at ourselves, yeah their conference sucks, espeically at the bottom, but they have been playing well and are fun to watch most of the time. I cant always say the same for our team.

Why can't we criticize a team we're much better than?

• Agree
Reactions: 1976

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

We won 7 conference home games last year by an average of 10 points.
We have played 5 and won 3 by an average of 7 points.

So yeah until I see some bum roll in here and mop the floor with us I am going with 3-1 the last 4.

• Winner
Reactions: NATEizKING

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We have to be realistic and say we might lose to Baylor. We can beat them but it won't be easy. I think we will win at TT and KSU is certainly beatable on the road. So I see at least 4 more wins and maybe more. Easily gets us into the tournament.

I think if we can get to 9-9 we will make it easily. The conference is too tough and I dont see any teams getting above .500 except the top 3. I just wish we wouldnt have laid a complete egg against Texas. That would have given us 7 wins and we could have probably started talking about our seeding the for the tourney at that point instead of how many more games we need to win.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
They are in the exact situation this year that we will be in next year, losing a bunch of 4 year players and breaking in a bunch of freshman. So if we start off 14-10 next year thats considered a **** sandwich?

I expect a hell of a lot more out of ISU next year considering they'll still be far more talented than Iowa is this year.

Iowa is garbage this year, the only way to be happy about their season is to set extraordinarily low expectations like yourself and the other hawks that have posted as much here. We joke about them making the NIT, but surely the NIT doesn't touch teams as bad as Iowa. I wouldn't know being as it's been a very long time since I've had to pay attention the NIT selection committee.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I expect a hell of a lot more out of ISU next year considering they'll still be far more talented than Iowa is this year.

Iowa is garbage this year, the only way to be happy about their season is to set extraordinarily low expectations like yourself and the other hawks that have posted as much here.

Lol, thats just your hatred towards Iowa talking. Honestly, we have no idea what we are even getting next year. Star ratings dont mean anything until they actually step on the floor. Im going to reserve judgement until I actually see our 2017-18 team play.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Lol, thats just your hatred towards Iowa talking. Honestly, we have no idea what we are even getting next year. Star ratings dont mean anything until they actually step on the floor. Im going to reserve judgement until I actually see our 2017-18 team play.

No, it's a mixture of results and ratings talking. Which is all we have to go off of right now, and ISU will be far more talented based on it. But again we're back to only being able to judge teams based on your eyeballs. And I'm the biased one right?

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
I really think we overanalyze this years team. We have an extremely talented team with two amzing players. Problems to me are we are undersized and also seem to have problems with effort and focus at times. Since we are undersized w basically have no inside game or rim protection on defense. If we are hitting threes and are focused we can beat about anyone home or away. If the shots aren't falling we have a good chance of losing.
My hope is we get on a roll when tourney starts and the shots are falling. This can be a frustrating team to watch at times but they are our team. In the future it would be nice to have more options on offense with more size and frontcourt skill. We need to remember that we hit 18 threes in the KU game, that doesn't happen often.

Aug 26, 2014

Iowa is garbage this year, the only way to be happy about their season is to set extraordinarily low expectations like yourself and the other hawks that have posted as much here. We joke about them making the NIT, but surely the NIT doesn't touch teams as bad as Iowa. I wouldn't know being as it's been a very long time since I've had to pay attention the NIT selection committee.
I love how people say Iowa is young and "talented" because they beat bottom dwellers like Rutgers, Nebraska, and Ohio State. I still can't comprehend how we lost to them, but we just weren't ready to play that night. Iowa is absolute trash. They are never going to be good under Fran. They will always be looked at as "having potential". Getting out of the first round of the NCAA tournament should be the high water mark they hold a parade for. They will never get any higher than that as long as lunatic Fran is the coach.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Aug 26, 2014
Unless Connor is a stud Iowa's guards are going to be a huge liability next year
A friend of mine over in Eastern Iowa said Connor doesn't play defense. He will fit right in with the rest of them and they will continue to be mediocre or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.