Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
50/50 wow you are crazy. we win 99 out of 100 times on a neutral court.

200.gif
ISU couldn't beat any team 99/100 times on a neutral court.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
This is fun reading cyclone fans disagree with eachother inside a Hawkeyes thread on a cyclone board. Keep it up guys.
Iowa fans are quiet for some reason. I may start a study on Iowa fans and if they stop caring once they fall out of the top 100 RPI.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Go Gophers! Seriously though, Iowa fans have a right to be pissed. That entire sequence could be the feature part of a "how to suck at reffing" video. That was bad.

The refs were really bad the whole game. Minnesota was getting hosed for most of regulation

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You mean the team with the higher RPI and projected seeding than ISU? That team?

Dont try to reason with these fans that Minnesota is a solid team. Every publication has the Gophers as a tournament team in the 8-10 seed range. We all know teams ranked 22nd in the RPI suck and never make the tourney anways. :rolleyes:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dont try to reason with these fans that Minnesota is a solid team. Every publication has the Gophers as a tournament team in the 8-10 seed range. We all know teams ranked 22nd in the RPI suck and never make the tourney anways. :rolleyes:

You said we'd be 50/50 to beat a pathetic team on a neutral court and you're playing that card? Yikes

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You said we'd be 50/50 to beat a pathetic team on a neutral court and you're playing that card? Yikes

Wth are you talking about? You think Minnesota sucks? Arent you the RPI expert, but yet some of you guys act like they just lost to Rutgers.

And Im done aruging over whether as of February 9th we would beat Iowa on a neutral court.
The game happened 2 months ago and they arent playing again this year so Im done arguing that point.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wth are you talking about? You think Minnesota sucks? Arent you the RPI expert, but yet some of you guys act like they just lost to Rutgers.

And Im done aruging over whether as of February 9th we would beat Iowa on a neutral court.
The game happened 2 months ago and they arent playing again this year so Im done arguing that point.

I think Minnesota is an NCAA Tournament team. I didn't say otherwise. I just said playing the "don't reason with those fans" card is pretty stupid IMO considering you've came off as a complete moron in this thread today

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Posted earlier but even though this is the never ending iowa mens basketball thread, did not referenceIowa in my post. Regarding Iowa, I think that Cook, Pemsl and even the kid from Spirit Lake all have good upsides. I find it surprising that we are lacking talented bigs in our program. It would be great to be able to run high screens and screen and rolls or even play inside out. Also noted that Minn had several serviceable bigs. They can't be that hard to find.
BTW, was Kriener recruited by other schools (Iowa State)?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I think Minnesota is an NCAA Tournament team. I didn't say otherwise. I just said playing the "don't reason with those fans" card is pretty stupid IMO considering you've came off as a complete moron in this thread today

Saying Minnesota is a bottom feeder(which wasnt you by the way) is alot dumber than any statement I have made this morning. Anybody who says that doesnt know jack about basketball.

The post I was referring to was somebody trying to prove a point that Iowa sucks because they lost to Minnesota. They must have thought it was the Minnesota of the last couple of years instead of the one with Coffey this year.

They are 22nd in the RPI, that would have been our 2nd best win of the entire season.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Posted earlier but even though this is the never ending iowa mens basketball thread, did not referenceIowa in my post. Regarding Iowa, I think that Cook, Pemsl and even the kid from Spirit Lake all have good upsides. I find it surprising that we are lacking talented bigs in our program. It would be great to be able to run high screens and screen and rolls or even play inside out. Also noted that Minn had several serviceable bigs. They can't be that hard to find.
BTW, was Kriener recruited by other schools (Iowa State)?

Kriener had offers from Iowa, Mizzou and Minnesota as well as several mid majors, including Wichita State.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You said we lost to Texas on a neutral court...

Lol, if you dont understand the point I was trying to convey then you dont know as much about basketball as I thought you did.

It was kind of a rip on Texas's pathetic following, I guess it went over your head.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Lol, oh please, Ive said some stuff about Iowa that people who hate them might get offended by. I havent said anything closely moronic to the Minnesota is a bottom feeder statement.

You've spent enough time on this message board preaching to us about how great Iowa is and how it's an ISU fan's duty to acknowledge and respect them that the Register is probably going to be calling you when Leistikow gets canned. Your actions speak louder than your so sad words.

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, if you dont understand the point I was trying to convey then you dont know as much about basketball as I thought you did.

It was kind of a rip on Texas's pathetic following, I guess it went over your head.

I really don't understand many of the points you try to make. Pretty much you don't think we're that good and Iowa is better than they really are from what I can gather

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You've spent enough time on this message board preaching to us about how great Iowa is and how it's an ISU fan's duty to acknowledge and respect them that the Register is probably going to be calling you when Leistikow gets canned. Your actions speak louder than your so sad words.

Lol, when have I ever said they were great? Or that they were a tourney team?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I really don't understand many of the points you try to make. Pretty much you don't think we're that good and Iowa is better than they really are from what I can gather

I think we are good, I dont think we are "great". I think Iowa is average, so that should put an end to any speculation on where I stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.