You might be a Hawkeye if.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
.... every victory is well earned due to superior skills and athleticism... but every loss is only because the refs screwed you over.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
... you think all you have to do to show you care about farmers, when in reality you don't, is to put the letters ANF on your helmets.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
... if you honestly believe you're a national powerhouse program because some idiot is always in Hawkeye gear in the background every week on ESPN's College Gameday.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
You constantly argue that the ISU/Iowa game should be dropped because it means nothing to you. It apparently is just ISU that "needs" the game to try to prove something. Iowa has everything to lose, nothing to gain from it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
... you believe that a one game suspension against Montana State is more of a punishment for a player than spending over 200 days in jail.

.... you promote one of your players to the team leadership council after he beat up his own QB so badly that he transferred out of the program.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
You never went to either school and yet refuse to go to a game in Ames even if offered a free ticket to go with a friend. Your reasoning... why would I waste my time at those community college facilities?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
...you think your team got jobbed by the refs on every loss.

...you constantly use the stat of "January Bowls," in an attempt to act in the same league as the real NCAA football powerhouses.

...you think your school is better than your in-state rival in every sport and academic field due to being better in football.

...you blame your in-state rival for ruining their national championship in 2002, despite the fact that the team also lost its bowl game. Bonus points if you then started parroting that your in-state rival needs to be dropped from your schedule.

...you convince others outside of Iowa that wresting is the major sport in Iowa.

...you feel people are traitors to the state for dare selecting another in-state school for an education.

...you attend your in-state rival school for an education and always root against your own school.

...you think every good Iowa player is a Heisman candidate and good Iowa basketball player is a lottery pick.

...you selected your school based on the football team and the bars at the Ped mall.

...you claim your in-state rival isn't actually a meaningful game while wearing your "Beat State" shirt.

...you believe you and your fanbase is a very good, non-bandwagoner, dedicated to your school, yet completely ignore the other sports, including basketball, due to their lack of success. Bonus if you go further and justify why your fans aren't bandwagoner when you bring up lack of support for baskeball.

...you thought Jim Zabel was fair and balanced.

...you think your school should be national champ material after starting the season 4-0 vs weaker teams.

...you forced out a legend football coach, cry that he's leaving, complain about new coach rebuilding since he wasn't Bob Stoops, get success and upset that he's a target of NFL teams, then complain about him for not winning Big 10 titles and National Championships.

...you forced out a very good basketball coach, cry that he's leaving in his final season, get excited for new pretty-boy coach, who gets success yet embarrasses the school, and now having a wasteland for a program.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
...you think your team got jobbed by the refs on every loss.

...you constantly use the stat of "January Bowls," in an attempt to act in the same league as the real NCAA football powerhouses.

...you think your school is better than your in-state rival in every sport and academic field due to being better in football.

...you blame your in-state rival for ruining their national championship in 2002, despite the fact that the team also lost its bowl game. Bonus points if you then started parroting that your in-state rival needs to be dropped from your schedule......To be more accurate, it's fair to say that ISU may have cost us a chance to play for the national title. That's not unreasonable. Saying they actually cost us the title is.

...you convince others outside of Iowa that wresting is the major sport in Iowa.

...you feel people are traitors to the state for dare selecting another in-state school for an education.

...you attend your in-state rival school for an education and always root against your own school....This one happens at schools all over the country. I know a few ISU fans here in Iowa City, and I've also had class with Minnesota, Wisconsin, and even Oregon fans.

...you think every good Iowa player is a Heisman candidate and good Iowa basketball player is a lottery pick.

...you selected your school based on the football team and the bars at the Ped mall.

...you claim your in-state rival isn't actually a meaningful game while wearing your "Beat State" shirt.

...you believe you and your fanbase is a very good, non-bandwagoner, dedicated to your school, yet completely ignore the other sports, including basketball, due to their lack of success. Bonus if you go further and justify why your fans aren't bandwagoner when you bring up lack of support for baskeball.

...you thought Jim Zabel was fair and balanced......I don't know anyone who claims Z as anything other than a homer.

...you think your school should be national champ material after starting the season 4-0 vs weaker teams.

...you forced out a legend football coach, cry that he's leaving, complain about new coach rebuilding since he wasn't Bob Stoops, get success and upset that he's a target of NFL teams, then complain about him for not winning Big 10 titles and National Championships.

...you forced out a very good basketball coach, cry that he's leaving in his final season, get excited for new pretty-boy coach, who gets success yet embarrasses the school, and now having a wasteland for a program.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

...you attend your in-state rival school for an education and always root against your own school....This one happens at schools all over the country. I know a few ISU fans here in Iowa City, and I've also had class with Minnesota, Wisconsin, and even Oregon fans.

The issue here isn't necessarily not being a fan of your school, but always and actively rooting against your own school. For example, I grew up a Jokeye fan in eastern IA and went to ISU. When I knew I was going to go to ISU in high school and actually up to my sophomore year at ISU, I rooted for both schools. Just because I went to ISU didn't mean I couldn't root for Iowa as well. (While most ISU fans at that time didn't care, it was the Iowa fans who did, with the "traitor" syndrome, and turned me against Iowa.)

I've met other students at ISU who also rooted for two schools, the one they grew up with and ISU, their current school.

I've also met a bunch of dedicated fans, all Hawk, who actively rooted against ISU. They'd be blaring their TV or radio in the dorm or bar and cheer against any team vs ISU, even when it's not Iowa. I found that to be pretty classless and pathetic. It's one thing to root for the rival, even not root for your own school's sports, but to always root against them is terrible.

Reactions: jsmith86

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
The issue here isn't necessarily not being a fan of your school, but always and actively rooting against your own school. For example, I grew up a Jokeye fan in eastern IA and went to ISU. When I knew I was going to go to ISU in high school and actually up to my sophomore year at ISU, I rooted for both schools. Just because I went to ISU didn't mean I couldn't root for Iowa as well. (While most ISU fans at that time didn't care, it was the Iowa fans who did, with the "traitor" syndrome, and turned me against Iowa.)

I've met other students at ISU who also rooted for two schools, the one they grew up with and ISU, their current school.

I've also met a bunch of dedicated fans, all Hawk, who actively rooted against ISU. They'd be blaring their TV or radio in the dorm or bar and cheer against any team vs ISU, even when it's not Iowa. I found that to be pretty classless and pathetic. It's one thing to root for the rival, even not root for your own school's sports, but to always root against them is terrible.

QFT. Just because you aren't a fan of the school your parents are paying for you to attend is no reason to be a ****** about it. No reason to have to be blatantly anti-ISU if you are an EICC fan who goes to ISU.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I expect Alan drives an automatic. Real men drive manuals! :smile:
You have to love it when the drunk woman is on TV driving down the highway like OJ and the reporter in the helicoptor keeps saying "she this and she that" ..................... great writing!!!!

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado

You do realize there are ISU fans who do this same thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron