Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Imagine your first day of work is learning about baby Brian's points per game contract.

Was the pts per game thing in Brian's actual contract, or was that a separate thing that Barta drew up? That might be null and void the minute Barta walks out the door? I hope not. I want that pts per game thing hanging over Brian all year long.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Was the pts per game thing in Brian's actual contract, or was that a separate thing that Barta drew up? That might be null and void the minute Barta walks out the door? I hope not. I want that pts per game thing hanging over Brian all year long.
is that total points by the offense or do points scored by the defense count

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wonder what kind of retirement package they gave him and if taxpayers have to fit the bill for it along with his much needed dental work?

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Wonder what kind of retirement package they gave him and if taxpayers have to fit the bill for it along with his much needed dental work?
Per the HawkCentral article linked earlier in the thread, the only benefit is health coverage through his 65th birthday. 5 years of paid healthcare is nothing to scoff at, but hardly a golden parachute. This feels like, if not pushed, he was at least given a hard nudge out the door. Several years overdue.

Now the question is if the new AD can make life so miserable for Kirk and Fran that they chooses to move on, because those contracts make it tough to fire them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Per the HawkCentral article linked earlier in the thread, the only benefit is health coverage through his 65th birthday. 5 years of paid healthcare is nothing to scoff at, but hardly a golden parachute. This feels like, if not pushed, he was at least given a hard nudge out the door. Several years overdue.

Now the question is if the new AD can make life so miserable for Kirk and Fran that they chooses to move on, because those contracts make it tough to fire them.
Barta still has time to make some hidden contracts like he did with Fran that time. May be best for a FOIA to be pulled in those areas.

Reactions: NWICY and CyNews

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
What is Barta’s biggest legacy:
1. The $11 million lawsuit settlements; or
2. The Brian points contract

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What is Barta’s biggest legacy: