WWE Survivor Series (2019)/NXT TakeOver: War Games/AEW Full Gear Thread

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The draft seemed weird, but I'm curious to see how the rosters work going forward. I just want to see fresh matchups; not the same matches each week.

Has Mike even had a significant storyline?

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Well so much for Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross coming to Des Moines in December for Raw

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
You serious? Ahh that pisses me off. I was stoked to see Alexa. Man that really sucks!

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Been kind of dead and I know we all kind of ignore the Saudi shows but Natalya and Lacey Evans are going to have a match in Saudi tomorrow.

No matter how you feel about the Saudi shows this is pretty historic. Makes you feel really good for the young girls that have been in the crowd for the others.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Been kind of dead and I know we all kind of ignore the Saudi shows but Natalya and Lacey Evans are going to have a match in Saudi tomorrow.

No matter how you feel about the Saudi shows this is pretty historic. Makes you feel really good for the young girls that have been in the crowd for the others.

I’ll believe it after it actually happens. It was one thing when it happened in the UAE several years ago when Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss fought since UAE is far more liberal in its thinking (by comparison - they themselves have a long way to go), but if the royal family decides to pull their blood money as a result of this match, well, I think you can guess what will happen.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
While I’ve been openly anti Brock Lesnar for several years now, I have to admit he’s one of the very few entertaining things about SmackDown since its move to Fox.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
While I’ve been openly anti Brock Lesnar for several years now, I have to admit he’s one of the very few entertaining things about SmackDown since its move to Fox.

I attended last Friday's show in KC and it is obvious that Brock is a needle mover. Only Roman gets a bigger reaction from the crowd, especially with kids.

On that note, I am really bored with WWE and the move to Friday has me watching less than I have in years. The Lana thing really has me turned off. I also hate the push for the Saudi shows and have not and will not ever watch one.

I also haven't missed one minute of Dynamite since it started and think WWE has some real competition.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I attended last Friday's show in KC and it is obvious that Brock is a needle mover. Only Roman gets a bigger reaction from the crowd, especially with kids.

On that note, I am really bored with WWE and the move to Friday has me watching less than I have in years. The Lana thing really has me turned off. I also hate the push for the Saudi shows and have not and will not ever watch one.

I also haven't missed one minute of Dynamite since it started and think WWE has some real competition.

I said it in a previous post, but Wednesday night is the only night that really matters in pro wrestling anymore. It's not just AEW; NXT is also freaking amazing. All it took was two weeks for HHH to take a stale women's division and completely turn it on it's head - without even changing the champion.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The first time the KW's used the green mist, it was unexpected. But now, it is very much expected it'll be used each match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Candace LeRae, Tegan Nox, Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, Kairi Sane, Asuka, Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir, and Jessamyn Duke are all booked for a WarGames match.

I would love for this to be an excuse for Candace LeRae to break out her gummy bears for the first time. And while we’re at it, Tegan Nox can break out her Legos.

EDIT - I don't think Kairi Sane or Asuka will be part of this.

Last edited:

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'm an 80's NWA wrestling fan. Old school. Dusty, Arn, Flair, Blanchard, Magnum, etc.

I know times were way different then, but when a wrestler has a guy on the mat it totally takes away from the action when he does some kind of flip just to land on him

Kick the ****** in the ribs like Ole would do to Rhodes.

RIP Kayfabe.....and get off of my lawn

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I've been checking in on my phone periodically. That red lighting is annoying. I hypothesize it's because Seth and The Fiend don't put on a very good match together, so they need to limit what people see.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I totally agree in the dynamite comment. I know they were running shows before they aired on cable, but the product has been so great from the start it is beyond my expectations.

I've become more of a fast forward through matches on WWE fan, but AEW is so good to watch. Makes me think they won't be able to sustain it because of the punishment they take.

It's like a whole roster of ricochet's, that guy can really sell opponents.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm an 80's NWA wrestling fan. Old school. Dusty, Arn, Flair, Blanchard, Magnum, etc.

I know times were way different then, but when a wrestler has a guy on the mat it totally takes away from the action when he does some kind of flip just to land on him

Kick the ****** in the ribs like Ole would do to Rhodes.

RIP Kayfabe.....and get off of my lawn

I'm in the Monday night wars generation, always flipping back and forth.

NWO Wolfpack had like all my favorites.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I totally agree in the dynamite comment. I know they were running shows before they aired on cable, but the product has been so great from the start it is beyond my expectations.

I've become more of a fast forward through matches on WWE fan, but AEW is so good to watch. Makes me think they won't be able to sustain it because of the punishment they take.

It's like a whole roster of ricochet's, that guy can really sell opponents.

I've watched both AEW and NXT ever since both debuted on live TV (NXT usually off DVR, usually the next day). Both have been incredible, but I think nearly every week NXT has been just that much better than AEW, and I think I know why - the Women's division. AEW has yet to really establish their women's division outside of Riho and Britt Baker (although they took steps with Brandi Rhodes' and Awesome Kong's video package last night), which is crazy because if you look at their roster they're fairly stacked in terms of talent.

Meanwhile, the NXT Women's division was essentially DOA after TakeOver: Toronto. Then just in a matter of weeks they put Candice LeRae into the title picture (without dropping her feud with Io Shirai), brought Rhea Ripley over from UK and put her in the title picture, brought both Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox back from injury and put them both in the title picture, turned Bianca Belair back heel but kept her in the picture. And, while things were simmering, lit the fuse and suddenly a division that was dead just a few months ago has a WarGames match that everybody wants to see.

I swear, HHH is the only WWE creative executive that knows what the hell he's doing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Raw no longer has a "heavyweight type title belt"

Technically not correct - the US title is a heavyweight belt. Everything but the women's titles and the Cruiserweight title is a "heavyweight title".

But you're correct - SmackDown currently owns both the Universal and WWE titles, as Bray Wyatt is the new Universal champ.

Expect Bray Wyatt to be the "compensation to be named later" from the Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross trade.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Reportedly Natalya vs Lacey Evans did in fact happen, and reportedly it was a huge hit with the Saudi Arabia fans - with the exception of one dickwad that decided to throw a water bottle at Natalya during her entrance.

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney