WOW! K-State Arrogance

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Please let us make Freeman one-with-the-turf. I despise KState, but feel bad for the folks he called out. What a cocky bastard.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
How about this nugget from the bottom...

"The Waco (Texas) Chamber of Commerce has acquired tickets to Baylor's home opener against Wake Forest and will sell them for $20. That's half the face value of $40."

Interesting.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
How about this nugget from the bottom...

"The Waco (Texas) Chamber of Commerce has acquired tickets to Baylor's home opener against Wake Forest and will sell them for $20. That's half the face value of $40."

Interesting.

calling baylrballa.....

-keep

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Please let us make Freeman one-with-the-turf. I despise KState, but feel bad for the folks he called out. What a cocky bastard.

His 265 pounds couldn't move 2 feet against the ISU goal-line defense last year. That was probably Jordy Nelson's fault, too.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Meh. I feel we got stronger via graduation too. Probably not great to hear a player state that, but then again, they guys he is referring to are no longer around.

clintr

Nov 12, 2007
Ames, IA
With his first comment, you're like, "Wow!"

Then he keeps going... :biglaugh: I really couldn't stop laughing.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Iowa arrogamce as they still need 2000-3000 tickets to their opener for another sellout. Whoops.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Other than the comment about Nelson I don't see a big deal. Considering the way Iowa State, Fresno St, and especially Nebraska took them to the woodshed late in the season clearly something was wrong there. These comments would sound better from a QB with a career winning record but "it is what it is."

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
More INT's than TD's... More L's than W's...

This kid sounds like a real beauty. Nothing like a back-stabbing QB with an over-inflated ego to lead your team.

Obviously we are not close enough to the situation in the Little Apple to know what is really going on, but.... Hopefully, for the kid's sake, this is just misguided enthusiasm for the season and support for his coach.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Wow...

I mean I've heard similar talk here on the board about ISU this year... but not from Austin Arnaud or Philip Bates... that guy comes off all wrong :eek:

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Freeman said earlier this summer that he considers himself the best QB in the Big 12. He did qualify that by saying if he considers himself below McCoy, Harrell, etc. than he isn't confident, but that most will probably consider him cocky for saying he is the best. I'd say he need not worry about the cocky part any longer.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Yeah, this is the Wildcat typing. Freeman did throw a bunch of ex team members under the bus. This is also sloppy, selective news reporting. Jordy Nelson made the same comments about most of his classmates after the season last year. Nelson made no bones about most of the seniors never buying into the coaching change and not bothering to give a consistent effort. Somehow Nelson's comments were never reported in the news media outside of Manhattan. PS: Show me a QB that does not think he is the best and I will show you a QB planted firmly on the bench. Ask Austen off the record if he is the best--go ahead--do it.

No, I am not a Price fan. This certainly explains the slide at the end of last season. KSU fans are way more concerned with avoiding another meltdown than how many juco players Prince recruits. People in Manhattan are used to seeing many from the juco ranks and could care less where the players were found as long as they perform.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ask Austen off the record if he is the best--go ahead--do it.

I would expect Austen or any college quarterback to say they are the best, as you said, off the record. The problem is that he keeps saying things on the record.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
and IMO both Prince and Freeman need to learn when to shut their pie holes. Actions have always been known to speak louder than words.

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
I got roped into going to the K-State game in Manhattan on Saturday (the g/f made me do it:unsure:), so I'll be sure to give updates as to how well he backs up his words. I don't think we'll see too much until Big 12 season though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron