Worst Place to Get Stung

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Apparently, it's not where you think it is (and yes, he tested).

After reportedly suffering a bee sting on that most sensitive of male body regions, the testicles, Smith was struck with a curious question that — if this were not for science — would certainly cross the boundary into pure masochism.

Smith wanted to know where it hurt the most to be stung. He devised a plan to sting 25 different body parts, using guard bees from the same hive. He randomized the order of the stings so he'd let a bee sting each body part three times, for 60 seconds each time, enough to inject a full dose of venom. He received three experimental stings each day along with two daily "calibration" stings on the forearm.

He rated stings from one to ten (most painful), with a five being the middle ground. And since each body part was stung three times, he calculated the average.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-2016-9?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Nope. nope nope nope. Isn't the venom from a bee sting one of those allergies where you can actually develop the allergy with subsequent "uneventful" stings?

I've been stung by bees a handful of times, but the worst was a wasp experience while mountain biking. It was a pretty technical downhill section (i.e., there was no "bailout" option for about 150 yards of trail) and about 10 yards into it a wasp flew inside my jersey and it. was. pissed. Four stings on my sternum before I could get off the trail and rip the jersey off. That little **** was so painful.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
H05o0cnZacQZa.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know of two people who have been stung inside of their mouth when they took a drink from their open Mountain Dew cans. Neither found it particularly enjoyable.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
That dude is a masochist. I'm not sure its possible to get stung in the testicle. However, inside the nose has to be the worst spot and he seems to agree. I absolutely hate just getting a mosquito up the nose and can't stop sneezing for at least 10 minutes.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I got stung by a hornet on the top of my head one time. That was up there.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
I know of two people who have been stung inside of their mouth when they took a drink from their open Mountain Dew cans. Neither found it particularly enjoyable.

I was stung on my tongue going to take a drink once, probably the worst pain of my life. Fortunately the particular drink I was enjoying helped numb it up a little.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron