Worst Fans in the Big 12?

Jan 9, 2008
Last football season before the Colorado game my friends, friends parents, and I were all tailgating and tossing the football around. One of my friends then told a couple of us to go deep and proceeded to throw a bad pass that slipped out of his hands and ended up hitting a Colorado fan's car. We all told him he better go over and apologize and tell him no hard feelings. Before my friends could get over to apologize the guy got out of his car and took our ball and threw it into the woods much to our surprise. My friends dad then went over to talk to the guy and tell him we didn't mean to hit his car. The guy continued to be a jack *** and say "i dont give a ****!" We'll long story short when the game started he walked by and unknowingly dropped his CU hat. We then felt it necessary to take his hat and incinerate in our bonfire.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Last football season before the Colorado game my friends, friends parents, and I were all tailgating and tossing the football around. One of my friends then told a couple of us to go deep and proceeded to throw a bad pass that slipped out of his hands and ended up hitting a Colorado fan's car. We all told him he better go over and apologize and tell him no hard feelings. Before my friends could get over to apologize the guy got out of his car and took our ball and threw it into the woods much to our surprise. My friends dad then went over to talk to the guy and tell him we didn't mean to hit his car. The guy continued to be a jack *** and say "i dont give a ****!" We'll long story short when the game started he walked by and unknowingly dropped his CU hat. We then felt it necessary to take his hat and incinerate in our bonfire.

Was his hat further desecrated in any way before it was destroyed?

Jan 9, 2008
Haha no we just tossed it in the flames. Actually more stuff ensued after he returned that involved his crew stealing a little kids ball and hiding it in their car. When they left some guy whipped a glass bottle at his car and drilled it. This was very surprising but very funny as well. That was quite the day i remember

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
I've got to go with KU basketball fans. They are a collection of hypocritical, holier than thou, can do nothing wrong, whining snobs who think their team can do no wrong and anyone who dares to challenge them on this is an idiot. I live twenty miles from Lawrence and I am real sick of their BB fans.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Nebraska football fans....

I have too many ridiculous anecdotes to list them all.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
:biglaugh:Fuskers in a class by themselves and hope they stay away in that class

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Someone threw a glass bottle at a guys car? I know you said some other things happened, but you don't throw glass bottles at anyone. Not even fans of EIU. If someone that was colorblind watched this encounter, they might not be able to tell who the worst fan is.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Haha no we just tossed it in the flames. Actually more stuff ensued after he returned that involved his crew stealing a little kids ball and hiding it in their car. When they left some guy whipped a glass bottle at his car and drilled it. This was very surprising but very funny as well. That was quite the day i remember

I wonder who the Colorado fan thinks has the worst fans in the Big 12?

Jan 9, 2008
Someone threw a glass bottle at a guys car? I know you said some other things happened, but you don't throw glass bottles at anyone. Not even fans of EIU. If someone that was colorblind watched this encounter, they might not be able to tell who the worst fan is.

Fully agree. I'm not condoning what the other guy did at all. Just telling a tailgating story

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I've got to go with KU basketball fans. They are a collection of hypocritical, holier than thou, can do nothing wrong, whining snobs who think their team can do no wrong and anyone who dares to challenge them on this is an idiot. I live twenty miles from Lawrence and I am real sick of their BB fans.

BINGO!! By far KU hoops fans. I really like their draw to the Final Four. I'm sure they can find something to complain about that also.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006

I know I'll be laughing when Clemson bounces them out in the round of 16.

Jan 9, 2008
There were some K-State football fans in the student section last year and when they knew it was over they started leaving and one yelled "good job! you're now 2-8!" To be honest the guy could have said anything, because I have a hard time getting offended by someone dressed in purple. Damn i would hate to have purple as my school colors

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The worst I've personally experienced were Missouri fans. Following OT choke in Columbia in '05, j4state and I were heckled mercilessly as we went back to our car, and nearly got into a fight with a couple of real jack asses when we got to the car. The worst part was that they seemed to be a cool bunch pre-game. I thought the fans at KSU (06) and kNU (07) were much better. From what I've heard though, CU fans are huge jack asses. From my understanding Boulder is the Iowa City of the Big 12. Full of hippies and spoiled rich jerk offs.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006

OK, not to go off on a tangent here, but I HATE "Throw the ball around in the parking lot guy". There are plenty of open grassy spaces around JT. If you need to throw the ball, do it there...because you KNOW eventually someone will throw a bad pass and hit a car. What do you do when that ball dents someone's car?? "Whoops, sorry about that!" Doesn't pay for that guy to get the dent out.

When some dumbass hits our vehicle with a FB, we usually just keep the ball. Either that or toss it as far as we can across Elwood.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
OK, not to go off on a tangent here, but I HATE "Throw the ball around in the parking lot guy". There are plenty of open grassy spaces around JT. If you need to throw the ball, do it there...because you KNOW eventually someone will throw a bad pass and hit a car. What do you do when that ball dents someone's car?? "Whoops, sorry about that!" Doesn't pay for that guy to get the dent out.

When some dumbass hits our vehicle with a FB, we usually just keep the ball. Either that or toss it as far as we can across Elwood.

I think people stay in the parking lots to throw the ball around because it means they don't have to move very much and they can still carry their beer in one hand. Heaven forbid they stop drinking for a moment and go get some exercise.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Most B12 South school don't even know where to find the North schools. No joke, many fans don't even know ISU is a part of their conference.... sad
Yeah U-Could-B-Rite....i see you are from houston, texaco er mexaco and that could be the reason no one has ever heard of iowa state..probably dont even know that the NORTH WON THE CIVIL WAR!!!:yes:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I know, ESPN really should sub their message boards out to Jeremy!

This is the time of year where I think KU fans are the worst. "Rock, Choke, Jayhawk.... KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUU **stupid waving thing**

I think KU does get my overall vote, but there are a lot of bad ones. aTm fans really made a statement with all the crap they were talking about Sedrick Johnson on signing day.

I agree with you to a point...but then again KU is still playing basketball when most of the other teams are sitting home waiting for the baseball season!!!!:yes:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
K-State basketball AND football fans. Period.

K-State? WTF are you talking about? We had a good time with the K-State fans when we went there for football in '06. Got my picture taken with Willie, picture taken with some people dressed up for Halloween, we were given beer after we lost...

You want bad fans? Try Texas Tech. Bunch of *** holes wanting to **** you in the *** out there. As my roommate put it, "Everyone wanted to make love to me out there, it was kinda creepy" (aka lots of **** you's on the way to the stadium)

Haven't been to CU but I hear they're pretty bad, and saw it on TV when they played Nebraska a few years ago

Missouri was no rose garden either... but still not as bad as Tech

I wouldn't put K-State fans as the best but certainly not the worst

Last edited: