Women's Turn-ons and turn-offs

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I thought mentioning Jessica Biel got you banned?

Crap! I forgot. Well its been nice conversing with you all. See you when the ban is lifted. Hey if mention of Clint Toris doesnt get banned, then mention of Jessica should be ok.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
since this is an Iowa State website...I will hafta say that take a hot girl, but then put her in Iowa State apparel - she becomes even HOTTER. But maybe that's just because I am dumb and have only dated hawkeye or panther fans in my life.

I empathize. My fiance is a Hawkeye. I snuck her into one of our home games last year and had to outfit her in the proper attire. Of course, I could not convince her that she looked much better in cardinal and gold than in black and gold...although to her credit she doesn't really care about the Hawks and she never really wears any "bumblebee" stuff. All she has is a baby-blue shirt that says "Iowa" on it and a gray sweatshirt. That's tolerable, and not so hard on the eyes.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I empathize. My fiance is a Hawkeye. I snuck her into one of our home games last year and had to outfit her in the proper attire. Of course, I could not convince her that she looked much better in cardinal and gold than in black and gold...although to her credit she doesn't really care about the Hawks and she never really wears any "bumblebee" stuff. All she has is a baby-blue shirt that says "Iowa" on it and a gray sweatshirt. That's tolerable, and not so hard on the eyes.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds a woman in sweats really sexy!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Ok, some random thoughts on the various topics...

I've done the dating in the 30's thing, and it's actually a lot simpler. You know what you want and don't want, and so does she. She'll do something, and you'll think.....nope, I can't put up with that, and it's over. Or vice versa. She'll also want to go dutch:biggrin:.

Second, if my girl left me for another chick, I would want her back:yes:. If she left for another guy, no chance. Not sure which is easier, but both give you motivation to go down a certain path!

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
The most important thing I have found is this:

Find a woman who enjoys attending and watching Iowa State athletic events. In addition, they must also be self sufficient and not need your attention the entire time you are tailgating. They must enjoy traveling to away games and understand that the National Cyclone Club dontation does not return any financial return on investment from a monetary standpoint. However, the friends you make on the way along with the memories is worth a helluva lot more than any 15% return you could make in the stock market.

If she looks like Jessica Biel than you can throw out the needy attention part by the way.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Ok, some random thoughts on the various topics...

I've done the dating in the 30's thing, and it's actually a lot simpler. You know what you want and don't want, and so does she. She'll do something, and you'll think.....nope, I can't put up with that, and it's over. Or vice versa. She'll also want to go dutch:biggrin:.

Second, if my girl left me for another chick, I would want her back:yes:. If she left for another guy, no chance. Not sure which is easier, but both give you motivation to go down a certain path!

Ha ha, fair enough!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Turn Ons For Me

A woman who:

Is honest
Is Fun
Has a good sense of humor
Is Attractive
Isnt affraid to make fun of herself
Is a good listener
Enjoys cooking
Likes to sing, even if off tune.
Likes to get dirty

Turnoff:

Liars
Cheats
Women who cant take a joke
Closed minded about new things
Easy to upset
Feminists
Vanity

Are you wearing a skirt right now? what kinda guy willingly produces a "turnonturnoff list"
comeon Bos, manup!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Are you wearing a skirt right now? what kinda guy willingly produces a "turnonturnoff list"
comeon Bos, manup!

Cant help it. You caught me on trans-casual tuesday. Someone said something about a list so I made one. If you ever see me at a game you can make me drink the skunk beer for punishment. On man point revoked.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Sometimes... too smooth for my own good. Try to be nice, accidently lead a person on a little (ok, lead her on a lot sometime around midnight walking her home from the bars past the campinelle)... bam! My single status is threatened... :eek:

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sometimes... too smooth for my own good. Try to be nice, accidently lead a person on a little (ok, lead her on a lot sometime around midnight walking her home from the bars past the campinelle)... bam! My single status is threatened... :eek:

Yeah, I hear that. Well I hear it way back when. Sometimes you just cant help romance the girl even if you had no intention to do so. Thats how you get snagged!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Hmm yeah now if only she wasn't from South Korea...
(aka she's going back there in 2 months)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Since we are doing lists

Turnons:
Redheads
Brunettes
Blondes
Asian chicks

Turnoffs
Fat chicks
Chicks that used to be dudes

That is all.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Turnoffs
Fat chicks
Chicks that used to be dudes

Which of these 2 does brian know from experience? My guess is the 2nd one :biglaugh:

My buddies use to tease me, saying my turn on was girls with braces; no idea where they came up with that one...

Last edited:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I have friends that tease me about being afraid of women. One is in self denial (he's in a long term relationship, I'm sure she put the pants on along time ago), the other... I dunno where he finds room to talk.

In reality, all men should be afraid of women, because Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned. You get the pissed off enough and you can't even distract them with shiney things anymore... thats when you're screwed :eek:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
You get them pissed off enough and you can't even distract them with shiney things anymore... thats when you're screwed

That's when you go for fluffy things. Shiny things will hurt when thrown for the most part. Fluffy things are always soft.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I have friends that tease me about being afraid of women. One is in self denial (he's in a long term relationship, I'm sure she put the pants on along time ago), the other... I dunno where he finds room to talk.

In reality, all men should be afraid of women, because Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned. You get the pissed off enough and you can't even distract them with shiney things anymore... thats when you're screwed :eek:

There are women on this board you know. :yes:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
There are women on this board you know. :yes:

Forgive him, he's an engineer. To us, these "women" of which are spoken are like some sort of mythical beast. Seeing one in our own natural habitat is a rare occurance, and many of us are too timid to venture into the unknown through "social situations". :eek: :tongue: