Windows 10

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Up and running. Took a while to download and then more time to tweak (their word, not mine).

I disabled all the apps upon installation (no, Microsoft, don't need you to know what all I'm doing) and am not planning to use Edge since it currently doesn't allow extensions such as the one that rhymes with SadRock.

Now to adjust the annoying, new notification sounds. Seems as if that's more complicated than it needs to be.

Do not miss those annoying rolling windows from 8.1 at all!! BIG STEP forward already, imho.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Okay, just gave Cortana the boot. It reminds me of the old Clippy of yesteryear. Remember him?

Attachments

15.1 KB · Views: 148

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Not a Windows 10 issue but has anyone had an issue with their email address being spoofed? Just over the last few weeks one of my gmail accounts has been getting one of these every few days. Gmail actually put a little warning at the top that it looked questionable. Anything I can do to stop this from happening?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Well technically I said they were naive. Moron is used as a generic term in that sentence but the grammar may have thrown you off.

Now, having said that, can anybody actually provide something that Windows 10 does that I can't do with Windows 7 or even my 10 year old XP? So far the only thing that people have mentioned is it perhaps is faster.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Well technically I said they were naive. Moron is used as a generic term in that sentence but the grammar may have thrown you off.

Now, having said that, can anybody actually provide something that Windows 10 does that I can't do with Windows 7 or even my 10 year old XP? So far the only thing that people have mentioned is it perhaps is faster.

I would guess that the security is better, Direct X 12 will be better for gaming, and it's free.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Virtual Desktops, I'm not sure if that is an option in 7, and certain it isn't in XP.

Its certainly cleaner, IMO.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Made the switch to Windows 10 and I have to admit that I do like to format much better than Windows 8. Have not used it long enough to see anything amazing yet, but the loss of that stupid touch tile app screen on my non-touchscreen computer is the biggest thing. I need to figure out how to turn off the screen resizing feature on the touch pad, but that was on Windows 8, so it must not bother me that much. I got a wireless mouse to take care of most of that, but still occasionally resize when I get too close the the touch pad.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
One day in and it seems to be running really smooth. Definitely faster than 7. Still no luck getting Malwarebytes to work even though they claim to work with Win 10.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Just saying you might want to avoid calling other people morons...

attachment.php

Attachments

• gatabrainmorans.jpg
    gatabrainmorans.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 236

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Well, I didn't even touch on the grammar in your post, just the homonyms and misuse of apostrophes...but no, your grammar (or lack thereof) didn't "throw me off". I've become adept over the years in reading broken, disjointed English.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Well, I didn't even touch on the grammar in your post, just the homonyms and misuse of apostrophes...but no, your grammar (or lack thereof) didn't "throw me off". I've become adept over the years in reading broken, disjointed English.

let it go....

CueTheMusic

Aug 16, 2010
Not a Windows 10 issue but has anyone had an issue with their email address being spoofed? Just over the last few weeks one of my gmail accounts has been getting one of these every few days. Gmail actually put a little warning at the top that it looked questionable. Anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Enable 2nd factor authentication, and change your password. Now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron