Williams Blog: Isn't it ironic?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
CW is now singing Alanis Morissette songs. Somebody get the man a vacation ASAP! The re-alignment fiasco has finally gotten the best of him. :jimlad:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc&ob=av2e]Alanis Morissette - Ironic (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: Blum beat me to it.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have given up on trying to follow the re-alignment nightmare. It is just plan crazy how everything changes on an hourly basis. It is like no one in college football has any real long term plans in place.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I have a question...

Everyone knows that every scenario that Alanis sings about in that song is actually not ironic, right? So, is she just unaware of how to accurately apply the word? Or is she being ironic by not using any actual examples of irony for a song about ironies?

Inquiring minds need to know. I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: l2alphmacchio

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Chris, I think Oklahoma is wise about thinking in terms of "equal" because every other conference thinks the same way. No one will side with Texas outside of BIG XII and they found that out from PAC 12.

Oklahoma is definitely smart and has become the savior of BIG XII in this round of events. Iowa State, Baylor and Kansas did play their parts as well. Missouri was and still is the biggest cry babies - I REALLY HOPE THEY MOVE TO SEC!!!

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I have a question...

Everyone knows that every scenario that Alanis sings about in that song is actually not ironic, right? So, is she just unaware of how to accurately apply the word? Or is she being ironic by not using any actual examples of irony for a song about ironies?

Inquiring minds need to know. I'll hang up and listen.

Not understanding the definition of ironic is the least of her worries. Getting that bitter after breaking up with Dave Coulliet (sp?) is.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Chris, I think Oklahoma is wise about thinking in terms of "equal" because every other conference thinks the same way. No one will side with Texas outside of BIG XII and they found that out from PAC 12.

Oklahoma is definitely smart and has become the savior of BIG XII in this round of events. Iowa State, Baylor and Kansas did play their parts as well. Missouri was and still is the biggest cry babies - I REALLY HOPE THEY MOVE TO SEC!!!

Mizzou moving to the SEC is the last thing the B12 needs right now. It would only make an already unstable situation even less stable. The best chance for the B12 is for the remaining 9 teams to stay and iron out all of the issues, then try to attract some other teams. No one is going to come until the current situation is stabilized.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I don't think Mizzou is at all interested in going to the SEC. This is all about continued leverage against UT to play nice, just like OU to the Pac 12. Obviously, all the changes we would like to see haven't come to fruition yet, however, the Pac 12 has already closed the door on Oklahoma. So somebody needed to pick up the torch. The only school outside of Oklahoma that could have any kind of leverage would be Mizzou. This Mizzou to the SEC talk didn't really pick up until the Pac 12 had shut things down with the south teams. I don't think that is a coincidence at all.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Old Bevo thought he was going to have to fly to his games instead of truck.

Thank goodness, OU just wanted a new comissioner.

The Beebeman can move onto bigger and better things than UT luggage man.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I find is ironic that Missouri started all this crap almost 2 years ago and have since been "denied" by both the Big 10 and SEC.