NBA: Will LeBron James play for Miami next year?

Will Lebron play for Miami next year?

• Yes

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • No, he will sign with another team

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I don't know, I really liked the Phoenix teams when D'Antonio was there. Maybe Golden St? I'm interested to see what Kerr does there. I've always been a huge NBA bandwagon fan. Lifelong Bears and Cubs fan but never had an NBA team like that.

Honestly, at least you admit it now. Props to you.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Unless they draft Kane. I somewhat kidding but I honestly do think Kane could give them what Wade does for production at the 1. Even if it isn't Carmelo, go out and get some sort of solid wing and you still have a legitimate team. That roster is also incredibly flexible. A good guard is out there? You can go get him. A good big is out there? You can go get him. Kane can play the one or the two and the best part is that his skillset is very similar to Wade.

Also, Ray Allen looks like he has some left in the tank and Lewis is at worst a decent, cheap shooter who will stay just to win.

Kane isn't going to come close to producing like Wade(honestly even if you are talking about Wade just playing PG). Though he'd be an improvement at PG for them over Cole and possibly Chalmers.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Man, Carmelo's game matches up so well with LeBron's that would be fun to watch. Slide him right into the battier/lewis/mike miller role and I just can't imagine what an offensive player like Melo would do with so many wide open shots.

It's not going to happen because Carmelo isn't walking away from all the money NY is going to throw at him but damn that would be so much fun.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Man, Carmelo's game matches up so well with LeBron's that would be fun to watch. Slide him right into the battier/lewis/mike miller role and I just can't imagine what an offensive player like Melo would do with so many wide open shots.

It's not going to happen because Carmelo isn't walking away from all the money NY is going to throw at him but damn that would be so much fun.

We saw some of it during the Olympics. I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
LeBron will probably end up player-coach of the Clippers with Paul and Melo.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I expect Lebron to stay in Miami at least one more season and trust Pat Riley to retool the roster effectively. The key will be Wade. I suspect that Riley is crossing his fingers that Wade decides to hang 'em up after this season so he doesn't have to pay him 8-10 mil to sit out a third of the regular season only to give them a handful of good games in the postseason. At 32 with arthritic knees he just can't be a consistently effective player anymore.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
I don't think Melo and Lebron would mesh as well as you guys think they would. Melo is a volume scorer, sure, but he's pretty inefficient. Doesn't do anything else, either. Not a team player or winner. However, LeBron on a team with Steph Curry would be damn fun to watch. Or the clippers. He would be perfect with the clippers.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I expect Lebron to stay in Miami at least one more season and trust Pat Riley to retool the roster effectively. The key will be Wade. I suspect that Riley is crossing his fingers that Wade decides to hang 'em up after this season so he doesn't have to pay him 8-10 mil to sit out a third of the regular season only to give them a handful of good games in the postseason. At 32 with arthritic knees he just can't be a consistently effective player anymore.

If Lebron doesn't opt out, he will be there for two more years. Miami has a team option on him in 15-16, and the Heat won't let him go.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Things didn't go the way LeBron wanted them to this year. If history is anything, he's gonna bail ship before the women and children are even allowed to.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
If Lebron doesn't opt out, he will be there for two more years. Miami has a team option on him in 15-16, and the Heat won't let him go.

Are you sure? I thought it was an Early Termination Option this year, and a Player Option the next year for all three.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Aside from his knees…Dwade's face seems to have gained 10 pounds in the past two years.

Nobody overreact like I'm making some serious accusation, but if it were baseball most would be assuming PEDs with a face swelling up like that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Cleveland Cavaliers of the future

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Carmelo Anthony
3 LeBron James
4 Kevin Love
5 Joel Embiid

+ a bench full of whatever ring-chasing veterans are willing to assume roles and a pay cut for the sake of playing with LeBron and winning 2-3 championships

You heard it here first. :jimlad:

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
He stays in Miami, but D Wade needs to retire, he can't contribute consistently enough any more. Miami needs that money to add some more quality young depth. That was the difference this year, quality young guys. They got too many old guys that can only give spot minutes.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Cleveland Cavaliers of the future

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Carmelo Anthony
3 LeBron James
4 Kevin Love
5 Joel Embiid

+ a bench full of whatever ring-chasing veterans are willing to assume roles and a pay cut for the sake of playing with LeBron and winning 2-3 championships

You heard it here first. :jimlad:

Cleveland would be $20 million over the salary cap with that starting five before they even started to fill their bench. No way anyone with a choice is going to Cleveland. I've lived there. It's as awful as they say.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
There is absolutely zero honor in the route Lebron took to a championship. Probably one of the least honorable. If he goes out and forms yet another all star team, it would be an utter disgrace to the NBA.

This isn[t your daddy's NBA when players signed 25 year contracts two years in. Players actually have a choice where they want to play instead of being indentured servants for the team they were lucky or unlucky to get drafted by. To say the old guys had honor in staying there is silly.

Magic chose what team he wanted to play before he even steppped on the court. He said if Chicago won the coin flip instead of LA and he wasn't going to get to team up with Kareem that he was going to go back to Michigan State for his junior year.