NBA: Will LeBron James play for Miami next year?

Will Lebron play for Miami next year?

• Yes

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • No, he will sign with another team

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Even if he wants to leave Miami, it makes more sense to do it next year, there's no ideal landing spot for next year. If he wants to go back to Cleveland, might as well take another year in Miami and see who they draft, who they hire and how it all plays out. Miami is actually not in a bad cap situation going forward. They have hardly any money tied up in role players after this year, and with the cap expected to really grow in the next few years, they actually have a decent amount of flexibility to surround the big three with younger guys. Bosh has spent the last four years tailoring his game to be the perfect sidekick for LeBron, Wade is no longer an MVP candidate but he's still one of the better two guards out there and unless he goes to the Spurs, he's not going to find a better organization (owner/front office/coaching staff) out there than Miami.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
If they get beat 4-1 or 4-2........do you think he wants to go through another season with that roster? The East is bad, that's the only reason they are in the finals again. There are 4-5 teams in the West that are better than Miami now and Miami will just become another year older. Unless they get Melo to come down there, i don't see it happening.

where else would he be able to go next year that would be better? Miami's situation isn't as dire as you think as most of their role players won't be under contract after this year and they can retool around the big 3.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
the Clippers were the only team that really made sense as far as talent goes. CP3/LeBron/Blake would be a great big 3, better than the current one was honestly. But with Sterling still around there's no way that happens. There's really no other teams that make sense to go to. He stays in Miami with Wade and Bosh til Wade retires.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I really don't follow NBA all that much. Is this really a possibility? Is that injury prone or something? I mean Wade was drafted the same year LeBron was.

Id say its a very slim possibility. I don't see it happening. But yes, he is being hampered more and more by injury. Id imagine Wade plays 2 more seasons and calls it quits. I just mentioned that as an example of the only way this Heat team blows up; if Wade decides to call it quits after this season. I think we have 2 more years of the Big 3 in Miami, at a minimum.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If they get beat 4-1 or 4-2........do you think he wants to go through another season with that roster? The East is bad, that's the only reason they are in the finals again. There are 4-5 teams in the West that are better than Miami now and Miami will just become another year older. Unless they get Melo to come down there, i don't see it happening.

There aren't 4-5 teams in the West who are better than Miami, there may be one team.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I don't think there's anyway D-wade plays potentially 5 more years.

Honestly 2 years seems like a stretch at times when you look at his game recently. IMO the end of Wade's career will coincide with Lebron leaving Miami. I agree that the idea of Lebron returning to Cleveland would be freaking awesome but I just can't see it ever happening.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Did you people forget what Dan Gilbert said about LeBron when he left? Do you really think he's going back to play for him?

He'll opt in for one more year along with Bosh and Wade and then I think he leaves Miami unless Wade takes a big paycut but it probably won't be to Cleveland.

Good call Clark ^^^

Gilbert burned that bridge the day after LeBron announce where his talents were going. It would take a lot to play for a man who denounce you and openly wished for you to fail 4 years ago. Does anyone really think Love will sign a long term deal in Cleveland with the hope LeBron comes back this year?

I expect all 3 will opt in for one year see what Pat Reily can retool the roster. (Bosh is on record for being okay taking a discount to stay, Wade won't make more on the open market due to injury history plus MIA will pay as a legacy for him to stay IMO). It will also give time for the Lakers, Cavs, and Knicks a year to show LBJ a postive direction to see if there roster/fit and potential to win in 15-16. All will have money that year and the salary cap is suppose to have a big jump that year to add any final pieces.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think if he goes, he needs to go this year. That way they can trade the pick to get Kevin Love. Love, James and Irving all sign contracts below market value and bring in Melo. That team would be really good for a long time.

Staying in Miami where Wade looks to be about done, Bosh is the weak and doesn't know how to play in the paint to score and get rebounds. Those two guys are putting too much stress on James and its going to wear on his body. He needs talent that can get rebounds / score down low (Love), bring the ball up the court (Irving), and help him score (Melo, Love, and Irving).

I am not a James fan, but if he went back to Cleveland and help them rebuild - that would make me probably like him.

I just have to laugh when people try to say that playing with two guys who are top ten players in the league, and would be the best player on any team in the league other than OKC, LA, and Miami, is some kid of super duper extra burden. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

4 or 5 teams in the West? Come on man! There is MAYBE 1 team that is better then them, and maybe 2 additional teams that could go 7 games with the Heat in the finals. Hate the Heat all you want, but they are easily a top 2 team in the league.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Lakers, Cavs, and Knicks will all be hard after him since his contract will be up after this season. What does everyone think? I think it'd be fun to see him go back to the Cavs and mentor Irving and whoever they select #1 in this years draft. Not sure how Cav fans would welcome him back though.

Stare-What-GIF.gif

Despite being a bad class, in the last draft, the Cavs had the first pick and went with a guy that likely has no All-Star future. It took 33 games for him to score in double figures, and he averaged less than 5 points a game in less than 13 minutes a game. Other than Otto Porter (WTF were the Wizards thinking) the Cavs couldn't have made a worse pick in the top 10.

This year, it wouldn't shock me if their half-monkey front office went with Devyn Marble as the first pick because they heard he was the best guard in the B1G.

The fan base would just be just plain stupid if they didn't welcome him back. The program is going nowhere.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Stare-What-GIF.gif

Despite being a bad class, in the last draft, the Cavs had the first pick and went with a guy that likely has no All-Star future. It took 33 games for him to score in double figures, and he averaged less than 5 points a game in less than 13 minutes a game. Other than Otto Porter (WTF were the Wizards thinking) the Cavs couldn't have made a worse pick in the top 10.

This year, it wouldn't shock me if their half-monkey front office went with Devyn Marble as the first pick because they heard he was the best guard in the B1G.

The fan base would just be just plain stupid if they didn't welcome him back. The program is going nowhere.
LOL that image made me choke on my water

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

You're selling it short, it was a ******* terrible class last year. It's going to be up there with the 2000 class for worst draft class ever.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I were LeBron I'd stay in Miami regardless of who else resigns simply because the franchise has proven itself to make sound decisions and consistently win. There's only a handful of franchises who can claim a comperable recent track record even pre big 3. NYN is intriguing now with Jackson and fisher but they were a $hitstorm for two decades previous.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I think if he goes, he needs to go this year. That way they can trade the pick to get Kevin Love. Love, James and Irving all sign contracts below market value and bring in Melo. That team would be really good for a long time.

Staying in Miami where Wade looks to be about done, Bosh is the weak and doesn't know how to play in the paint to score and get rebounds. Those two guys are putting too much stress on James and its going to wear on his body. He needs talent that can get rebounds / score down low (Love), bring the ball up the court (Irving), and help him score (Melo, Love, and Irving).

I am not a James fan, but if he went back to Cleveland and help them rebuild - that would make me probably like him.

Yep, that's totally why Bosh doesn't play in the post. It's certainly not because they've designed the offense to fully take advantage of LeBron's talent and the best way to do this is by spreading the floor to give LeBron room to drive and kick. If Bosh was on a bad team, he would be throwing up 28/12 every night. He's much, much better defensively than Love. A Love-Irving-LeBron big three, would put an unbelievable amount of pressure on LeBron to defend as Irving and Love are both terrible defensively.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Yep, that's totally why Bosh doesn't play in the post. It's certainly not because they've designed the offense to fully take advantage of LeBron's talent and the best way to do this is by spreading the floor to give LeBron room to drive and kick. If Bosh was on a bad team, he would be throwing up 28/12 every night. He's much, much better defensively than Love. A Love-Irving-LeBron big three, would put an unbelievable amount of pressure on LeBron to defend as Irving and Love are both terrible defensively.
You could also add in Carmelo as another terrible defender (for those speculating he'll team up w/ Lebron)

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I guess if basketball with modern rules and players who shoot the ball drastically better than college hoops is a joke.

Watching teams execute offensively against great defense is the worst.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Philly and the Lakers might trade for the #1 pick and I think the Cavs might listen.

They may also package Irving with it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron