Why is life worth living?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was gonna say if you are moving to “Chicago” I know a cute woman there who is unattached and a big Cyclone fan. She has however attended a Taylor Swift concert though so not your type.
Nope not moving to Chicago unfortunately, but liking Taylor Swift is not a deal breaker for me. haha

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I've heard that, which sucks. I personally loved being married and having someone and now the dating scene is just people trying to add another tick mark above their headboard.

If you do end up wanting to download an app I’d recommend Hinge, for people that are serious or at least up front about their expectations. Avoid Tinder or any of the “swiping” apps

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you do end up wanting to download an app I’d recommend Hinge, for people that are serious or at least up front about their expectations. Avoid Tinder or any of the “swiping” apps
Yeahhh idk about the apps. Who knows though. Definitely not downloading an app anytime soon.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I've heard that, which sucks. I personally loved being married and having someone and now the dating scene is just people trying to add another tick mark above their headboard.
It's even weirder than that. Dating apps are dominated by poly amorous couples looking for a third.

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

clone4life82

Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
i know someone going through this right now and there is a young child involved which makes it 1000x worse, it seems.

youre on to new adventures, my friend
Unfortunately it’s not 1000x times worse. It’s just different and it’s a different situation for each person. Let’s not downplay what statefan is going through.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yeahhh idk about the apps. Who knows though. Definitely not downloading an app anytime soon.

Just be yourself...treat people right...and one day you will walk into a situation that makes you happy! Looking for it adds pressure...as lonely as it might feel at times...if you take some time and treat people well...good things will come back your way!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just be yourself...treat people right...and one day you will walk into a situation that makes you happy! Looking for it adds pressure...as lonely as it might feel at times...if you take some time and treat people well...good things will come back your way!

And there are worse things than being single.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
So simple and so true!

• Friendly
Reactions: cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So simple and so true!

I appreciate your comment...and I am guessing you might agree with this amendment...while the theme of my post does sound simple...any suggestion about life that involves some level of loneliness can be very hard to enact! Deep breaths...laughing whenever possible (even thru tears) and even a forced smile and can make a person feel better! Not easy...I wish nothing but the best for people (especially @Statefan10 at this time)!!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I know. Treating people right won't be an issue. It's more treating myself right. I missed tons of red flags in my own relationship because I was too nice and gave too much of the benefit of the doubt. Need to have better boundaries and stick to them.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Unfortunately it’s not 1000x times worse. It’s just different and it’s a different situation for each person. Let’s not downplay what statefan is going through.
No no, he's fine. I was actually the one who brought up that having a kid in the situation would make things worse. I'm so blessed that that isn't the case here.