Why i hate the NBA...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
NBA officiating is actually way better than college.

College basketball officiating is pretty much bottom of the barrel.

The biggest difference is that at least NBA officiating is somewhat similar from game to game.

The very basic fundamentals of what is and isn't a foul change from game to game most of the time in college basketball. You also see inexplicable garbage like jump balls when a ref has no idea what happened and 3 pointers during dead balls in college that you never see in the pros. Home cooking is much less of an issue in the NBA as well, but you could almost argue that it would be better officiating if LeBron were called for his pushoffs and travels when he goes to Boston or Chicago.

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
Man watching the Heat-Knicks and watching Lebron flop on both ends of the court and continually getting the calls is bogus...

Guys 6-8 and built like a truck and yet he gets the smallest bump and hes on the floor....then when hes bumping guys on the defensive end no call....

NBA officials obviously have marching orders...let the stars play!!!!

Why i hate the NBA...Why didn't you mention tattoos, headbands, leg warmers, arm warmers, traveling, acting, charging, black socks, boring and ubiquitous music and video introductions, whining?

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
boshflop.gif

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg6knKsLJ_c]LeBron James Levels C.J. Watson with Screen [4.12.2012] - YouTube[/ame]

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm assuming all you guys that hate the way Lebron gets calls also were upset with the way Michael Jordan got EVERY single call too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan and he was the best player of all time, but he got every call. It was pathetic.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Man watching the Heat-Knicks and watching Lebron flop on both ends of the court and continually getting the calls is bogus...

Guys 6-8 and built like a truck and yet he gets the smallest bump and hes on the floor....then when hes bumping guys on the defensive end no call....

NBA officials obviously have marching orders...let the stars play!!!!

This is different from a Duke game how????

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I'm assuming all you guys that hate the way Lebron gets calls also were upset with the way Michael Jordan got EVERY single call too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love Jordan and he was the best player of all time, but he got every call. It was pathetic.

Well said.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Only read the first page, but I'm assuming all the pages are the same complaint.

Do you guys think this is something new? Did you watch the NBA in the 90's? Jordan could take out a hunting knife, stab his defender repeatedly, and the refs would call the foul on the defender for getting in the way of the knife. This is all nothing new.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
This is different from a Duke game how????

True dat....

The hate that i was expressing was not the star getting every call - i realize this has happened in the NBA, NFL, NCAA, NHL you name it...

But, what i'm really getting sick of is the acting, the exageration only to get the call....i mean how many times can a player flop and get a call - seriously...

And thanks for whoever posted the Bosh-Boozer elbow....a classic Lebron acting class for Bosh and now he's floppin all over the place....Its simple, they rely on the officials inability to see everything so they call the after affects.....simply call what you see, if you dont see it let them play....

BTW - Mavs Thunder game was excellent...physical, calls both ways...it was a great game either way....

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
The Chandler one was a hard foul, by no means a flagrant.

LeBron rolled around in pain and agony grabbing his head when his head never hit a thing.

I hate both these teams so it pains me to defend NYN but that was the weakest flagrant foul I've seen in my life by a mile, VanGundy couldn't believe it as well.
Kinda like Derrick Rose... You don't have to get hit on something to get hurt.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron