Who you taking tonight, Boise State or TCU?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Not to kick a man while he's down, but I was unimpressed with Dalton tonight. Too bad he had to play his worst game of the season on the brightest national stage his team has ever seen.

His receivers weren't helping. He wasn't great, but his receivers dropped some HUGE passes.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Not to kick a man while he's down, but I was unimpressed with Dalton tonight. Too bad he had to play his worst game of the season on the brightest national stage his team has ever seen.

It didn't help he had no running game for support.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Both teams are excellent and I wish they would have each played major conference schools instead of each other, which would have settled this exact argument. Either one would destroy Iowa...

Beat, maybe. Destroy, not a chance.

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Dropped passes are killing TCU tonight. If they lose, that's why.

Pretty impressed tonight with Boise State. I did not expect them to play this well against a great team.

As for EddieISU, how can I put this politely? You're a moron. Look at what the Mountain West Conference has done this bowl season, especially against the vaunted Pac-10, and reassess your earlier statement. What a dumb post.
Great observation of the game, you've got a real high I.Q. when it comes to analyzing football, please teach me more. Hey that tough Mountain West conference just got beat by a team that's only real win was against Oregon.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Great observation of the game, you've got a real high I.Q. when it comes to analyzing football, please teach me more. Hey that tough Mountain West conference just got beat by a team that's only real win was against Oregon.

and if anyone else would have manned up and played Boise, they probably would have lost too. Fact is, if Boise was in the Mountain West it would be the second best conference in the country right now.

Reactions: alaskaguy

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
One thing is for sure....TCU has some smoking hot woman for fans. Am I the only one noticing every TCU female fan is smoking hot?!

They also have quite attractive female students. Some years ago, their ME department used to be in the same building as the Design, Merchandising, and Textiles department, a department primarily comprised of female students. As an engineering professor friend at TCU has told me, it was quite a recruiting tool for engineering students, who are predominantly male. Having visited him a couple times back when that was the case, I can verify his statement.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
EddieISU, stop while you're behind. You have about 15 other posters saying the exact same thing I am. If you hate both of these teams with such a passion and are so dismissive of both, they why did you start the thread and continue to watch the game?

You wrote something silly and stupid, got called out on it, and now you're being a baby about it. Grow up.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

You must be immune to rational thinking. Look at both teams and what they have done. They have destroyed teams. You refuse to look at that though, because, well, evidently you don't like facts. You have brought no reason with your argument. You bring no facts. You don't even acknowledge the fact myself and everyone else has given you. You are wrong on this point. We are pretty much stacked 15 to 1 against you and we all brought some sort of reason with our argument while all you bring is "those conferences suck." The MWC has lost one game by one possession to an undefeated team who beat the PAC 10 champ. In their wins they have won by 24 points. Their record is 6-2 since I know you won't look it up.

Don't ever join a debate team. You would not do well.

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
EddieISU, stop while you're behind. You have about 15 other posters saying the exact same thing I am. If you hate both of these teams with such a passion and are so dismissive of both, they why did you start the thread and continue to watch the game?

You wrote something silly and stupid, got called out on it, and now you're being a baby about it. Grow up.
Hey kid just because you got 15 or 1000 on your side don't mean **** to me! Get it? Good boy.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
and if anyone else would have manned up and played Boise, they probably would have lost too. Fact is, if Boise was in the Mountain West it would be the second best conference in the country right now.

That is my thought as well. Everyone wants to b**** about them not being very good team and they only played Oregon. Well guess what, whenever they get put up against a team they beat em. Everyone thought they were gonna get blown out just like Oklahoma was supposed to do a couple years back. Oh, everyones excuse then was that they used a trick play! Who gives a ****, from what everyone was expecting in that game they had no chance of winning period!!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Congrats Eddie, you're the first person on here I've ever put on my ignore list.

BTW, thanks for proving my point about needing to grow up with your latest post.
"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present Exhibit A...."

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Boise has lost one game in the last two years. No one else can say that. These are the two winningest programs of the decade. They deserve to have a shot at a title sometime.

I don't think they look like that dominant a team. Okay they beat a few Pac 10 teams, but how tough is that conference this year?

Strength of schedule should determine a National Champion and both Texas and Alabama played in tougher conferences. Heck you can see that just looking at the difference in athletes.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
How tough was any conference this year?

What exactly are you getting at?

Let's put it this way....ISU can trade places with Boise State for a year. We're a weak mid pak Big 12 team and they're top of whatever conference they're in. Does Bosie State go undefeated? No way. Do we pick up a few more wins. You bet. Strength of schedule does make a difference.