Who you taking tonight, Boise State or TCU?

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
Both teams are excellent and I wish they would have each played major conference schools instead of each other, which would have settled this exact argument. Either one would destroy Iowa...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Both teams are excellent and I wish they would have each played major conference schools instead of each other, which would have settled this exact argument. Either one would destroy Iowa...

lol

Which is the final measuring stick of a good or bad team, naturally.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have to admit, I am impressed with how close the game is. I expected TCU to beat them solidly.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
These guys could beat Texas, but not UF. The real National Title game has already been played, imo. Bama and Florida just played for the right to beat Texas and claim the national title. My guess is that Florida is the highest rated 1 loss team at season's end.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
The winner of this game should just be happy they played in a BCS bowl game. I don't want to hear them(the winner of this game) banter that they deserve to be mentioned as National Champs.

This is why I was ****** these two teams have to play each other. I'd of liked to see them both whip up on a highly ranked BCS conference opponent and further expose the sham of the BCS national "championship." Since they are playing each other it is easier to dismiss the winner as not worthy of national title consideration (even though that is BS).

I don't know what BSU has to do, all they do is win BCS bowl games over and over (and maybe over again after tonight...) and people still give them no credit (including most of the posters earlier in this thread..).

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
These guys could beat Texas, but not UF. The real National Title game has already been played, imo. Bama and Florida just played for the right to beat Texas and claim the national title. My guess is that Florida is the highest rated 1 loss team at season's end.

I agree with you completely...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Who's TCU played other than Clemson? Name me 2 other schools on their schedule that are worth a hoot? These are 2 average teams that play in pathetic conferences.

It amuses me that an ISU fan would poo-poo a program that has BCS appearances (plural) while we have none. And the same program has defeated Oklahoma, something we have not done in ages. No one gave BSU a chance in that game until, they won.

Irony!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
HOLY **** that guy can fly!

If TCU's receivers could catch, they'd be winning easily right now. Dalton hasn't been great by any stretch, but the receivers have been awful.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Neither one of these teams is playing sharp FB. Errant passes, missed blocks on running plays, dropped passes, a missed short FG, etc. Neither of them look like they belong in national championship game. Boise maybe, TCU no way...

Whenever I read the "Bama is going to manhandle Texas" posts, I keep thinking of the "Ohio State is going to destroy Florida" proclamations a few years ago. UT will do just fine...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I don't think Florida could beat TCU. I think they match up well with them. I think TCU would be able to stop that offense. Scoring points would be a challenge but I think it could happen. Boise, I don't know. TCU has had numerous opportunities to score and just hasn't done it.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Dropped passes are killing TCU tonight. If they lose, that's why.

Pretty impressed tonight with Boise State. I did not expect them to play this well against a great team.

As for EddieISU, how can I put this politely? You're a moron. Look at what the Mountain West Conference has done this bowl season, especially against the vaunted Pac-10, and reassess your earlier statement. What a dumb post.

Reactions: alaskaguy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Neither one of these teams is playing sharp FB. Errant passes, missed blocks on running plays, dropped passes, a missed short FG, etc. Neither of them look like they belong in national championship game.

Whenever I read the "Bama is going to manhandle Texas" posts, I keep thinking of the "Ohio State is going to destroy Florida" proclamations a few years ago. UT will do just fine...

Keep in mind both these teams have gone well over a month without playing. I think that factors in.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I don't feel bad for TCU. They couldn't make a play when they needed. Choked on defense and dropped passes on offense.