Who are you thinking of voting for in 2008?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm leaning towards Ron Paul. I went and saw Rudie when he was in WDM and he talked a good game but Dr. Ron Paul has the track record.

Who is your guy/gal?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Same guy I voted for last time, David Stern, commissioner of the NBA.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not Hillary or Obama

Hillary is horrible

Obama has good speaches but if you truely look at his record for voting it's really not somebody I would like. He can talk out his you know what.

Mitt Romney seems to have his ducks in line. I still don't know yet though.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Fred Thompson

Even though he has not officially announced, he is the only true conservative out there.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
No politician has ever voted perfectly with things I would vote for. So that being said, Obama has been most impressive to me as of late. He's really pushing to get a negative connotation out of politics.

This is how I view politics:
"Sir my concern is not whether God is on our side. My great concern is to be on God's side." -Abe Lincoln

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I've narrowed it down to:
muppets-animal.jpg

OR

180px-Splinter2003.jpg

Whitey

Apr 4, 2006
Ames, IA
As a moderate leaning left, I'm hoping for Obama or Edwards. However, being a true moderate, I would also like to see the more liberal of the GOP candidates emerge so that I might have to palatable choices.

It's almost essential for the Dems to win this election, if you want to see some balance maintained in the Supreme Court. I'm not sure some of the justices leaning left can survive another 4 year Rep presidency.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
It's almost essential for the Dems to win this election, if you want to see some balance maintained in the Supreme Court. I'm not sure some of the justices leaning left can survive another 4 year Rep presidency.

For the same reasons that Whitey has noted, I see it as being imperative that a Republican win the White House. We have had forty to fifty years of a liberal leaning judiciary system and look where it has got us. You know that some of the justices and other federal judges would have retired years ago if they had a Democrat in the White House.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
As a moderate leaning left, I'm hoping for Obama or Edwards. However, being a true moderate, I would also like to see the more liberal of the GOP candidates emerge so that I might have to palatable choices.

If you are truly a "moderate, leaning left" there is no possible way you should be hoping for Obama. His record put him to the left of Hilary, Ted Kennedy, AND John Kerry.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I am completely undecided. The Democrats are going to have to come up with a coherent plan for Iraq before I even consider one of them. And "we should leave" is NOT a plan. Joe Biden has one, but everything else he says tends to irritate me. The Republicans are trotting out some guys who seem conservative in name only. I would probably vote for Collin Powell, if he would run. There's a 95% chance that I will vote against the clown that the Democrats serve up. Or a third party candidate.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have a hard time caring about politics. I know I know, it makes a difference, but they all seem like a big bag of wind. I want a president who tells it how it is and doesnt pussyfoot around everyone trying put on a pretend careface or cover things up to look good.

mercurycy

Apr 10, 2006
I am am not sure exactly who I will vote for yet. DEFINITELY A DEMOCRAT though - how can you vote republican after the debacle of the bush administration?!?:sad9cd:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
See thats where I differ as well. I think both parties have their heads up their behinds. I dont think the thing would have been handled any better if the Democrats were in charge. Its easy to point fingers.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I am am not sure exactly who I will vote for yet. DEFINITELY A DEMOCRAT though - how can you vote republican after the debacle of the bush administration?!?:sad9cd:

Well your decision won't be very hard seeing as only 1 democrat will be on the ticket in November.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I'm a registered democrat, but after all the bad buzz I've been hearing about Obama, I'm not so sure about him anymore. I'll wait until the primaries roll around, but right now I like either Edwards or McCain. Mitt Romney seems like a likely candidate, too.

If it's Gulliani vs. Clinton, though, I'm voting Master Splinter, for sure! :biggrin9gp:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
For the same reasons that Whitey has noted, I see it as being imperative that a Republican win the White House. We have had forty to fifty years of a liberal leaning judiciary system and look where it has got us. You know that some of the justices and other federal judges would have retired years ago if they had a Democrat in the White House.
I agree with you there! Maybe we could get rid of some of the wonderful things in our judicial system, such as:

Promoting the rights of criminals, sometimes at the expense of victims

Allowing ridiculously high awards for lawsuits, resulting in skyrocketing health care and insurance costs.

Permitting congress to completely disregard their constitutional boundaries.

There's much more, those are just what came to mind.:angry6wn: