White Flag time

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Cubs win 10-8 in 12

After blowing a 7-0 lead they win scoring 2 runs off no hits in the top of the 12th to beat the Pirates.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yeah, and those two runs come off of no hits and 5 walks in the inning... Lilly looked horrible for the second straight start. Lieber did great coming in and giving a few strong innings... Soriano STILL in a slump, now 3 for 32 on the season... somehow the Cubs are above .500...

tidbit

Apr 10, 2006
dallas county, iowa
Soriano needs to sit a LONG time until he learns the strike zone . Put Johnson in left.
I get aggrevated at Aramis, he acts like he just doesn't care whether he strikes out all the time or not, bad attitude.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Soriano struck out late in the game while tied and Theriot on second with nobody out. He was swinging for the fences. If I was a Cubs fan, I would have been furious.

Carlos Marmol is filthy.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Soriano struck out late in the game while tied and Theriot on second with nobody out. He was swinging for the fences. If I was a Cubs fan, I would have been furious.

Carlos Marmol is filthy.

Marmol is amazing. I love his stuff.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Soriano is not getting benched. Maybe he sits a day here soon if the slump continues but you don't invest that kind of money in a guy and not let him work out his hitting slump.

What everyone on the team needs to do is learn how to take some pitches like Fukudome does. He will take close pitches just off the corner while just about everyone else on the team would be hacking at them.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
The guy is a pro hitter. Im sure he will be fine. No reason to bench someone after a rough first 7 games.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Aramis always seems to have s horrible start to the year. He gets the strike zone under control as the year goes on.

Soriano, not so much, but he's not getting benched. He's more of that uncontrolled talent. Exciting, frustrating, but ends up being more good than bad (sometimes).

Besides, we just won three in a row, so we'll never lose again, and the whole team just saved a bunch of money on their car insurance.

Can't beat that!

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Lilly looked horrible for the second straight start.
What do statisticians call it? Regression back to the mean??? I fully expect Lilly to return to form this season, which is being a .500 pitcher. He had an excellent year last year, but that is not uncommon after a pitcher changes leagues. The NL will have a year of scouting to go off of, and he'll get hit around. This is why I was hoping and praying that Hendry would pick up another top of the rotation pitcher.

I'm assuming Marquis will be traded at the All Star break when his value will be highest, and I'm hoping the Cubs steal someone's #2. Marquis is known for good first halves, and terrible second halves.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Soriano needs to sit a LONG time until he learns the strike zone . Put Johnson in left.
I get aggrevated at Aramis, he acts like he just doesn't care whether he strikes out all the time or not, bad attitude.

Sitting on the bench always helps people learn the strike zone.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The guy is a pro hitter. Im sure he will be fine. No reason to bench someone after a rough first 7 games.

Soriano is a pro hitter....

when he's pitched fast balls. Anything else, and he'll strikeout. Why do you think he insists on hitting at the top of the order? If Soriano could just learn how to work a count in the 5 spot, he'd probably be an MVP caliper player.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Soriano is a pro hitter....

when he's pitched fast balls. Anything else, and he'll strikeout. Why do you think he insists on hitting at the top of the order? If Soriano could just learn how to work a count in the 5 spot, he'd probably be an MVP caliper player.

How will having good brakes on his car help his hitting? :biglaugh: