1997-1997+1day - ISU food service
1999-2001 -Davincis
2001+1 day Tru-green chemlawn

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Fall 04 - Veenker
Fall 05-Summer 07 - ISU Dining
Summer 07 - Fall 08 - Copyworks

People that eat at the dining centers are, a lot of time, major a-holes.

Easy, now. Are you calling me an a-hole? Because if you are, well, you may be accurate.

KLoISU02

Jun 2, 2006
SE IA
Went to school 2002-2006, worked at ISU Rec Services as a lifeguard, card swiper at the rec and fitness center supervisor Summer of 04-Summer of 06. I also worked as a SwimAmerica instructor from the summer of 05 until this summer. Both were great jobs. I had awesome bosses and met lots of really cool people.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
You just became one of the most hated people on campus....generally for good reason...

What's the price of a ticket these days? I remember during my senior year they voted on jacking up the price (during the summer while all the students were gone of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if I accumulated over $500 dollars in tickets in 4 years. Bastards.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What's the price of a ticket these days? I remember during my senior year they voted on jacking up the price (during the summer while all the students were gone of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if I accumulated over $500 dollars in tickets in 4 years. Bastards.
I got nailed with 3 $15 in the past week for not buying a Freddy summer pass. Now I've got the temporary so I'm done with that crap.

Fines double next year though. $30/ticket. Everytime I see an unattended DPS truck in Freddy I want to let the air out of the tires. I swear to god it's the guys that got picked on in high school and are out to get back at the world. Not to mention the a-hole ticketing people the other night wouldn't even answer a couple simple questions for me, then got all ****** off when I started mocking him.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I got nailed with 3 $15 in the past week for not buying a Freddy summer pass. Now I've got the temporary so I'm done with that crap.

Fines double next year though. $30/ticket. Everytime I see an unattended DPS truck in Freddy I want to let the air out of the tires. I swear to god it's the guys that got picked on in high school and are out to get back at the world. Not to mention the a-hole ticketing people the other night wouldn't even answer a couple simple questions for me, then got all ****** off when I started mocking him.

Yeah, I believe they got bumped from $10 to $15 my senior year. $30 is absolutely ridiculous though.

I got most of mine hauling large art projects to the design building and parking in the lot for like 10 mins, or parking around the Daily for work. I realize there has to be parking rules so people don't take advantage of it, but some of the restrictions are just stupid.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Graduated winter of 05...

Let's see:

Iowa State Daily '03-'05
Drugtown (Now Hy-Vee Drugstore) '03-'04
ISU Foundation (for about two days in spring of '05)
::Cough, cough:: Kmart '05

The only good thing about working for the Daily was that I was a sports columnist, so, essentially, I got paid to write whatever I felt like writing.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
1997-2000 - i was a parking Nazi. i was one of the jerks that rode around in the parking trucks and gave out tickets and towed cars. :wink:

i have some pretty good stories of people getting really ****** about their car being towed. really easy job and good pay too.

You sir, are now below the hawk trolls on this site. :jimlad:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Drove to Des Moines and worked at Des Moines Golf and Country Club earning a whopping $3.35/hr. OR $3.00/hr. if I was parking cars.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
1971 to 1975 as a student.....worked at Iowa State Center as a concession worker and usher at C.Y. and Hilton.

1975 to 1983 worked on salaried staff of Iowa State Center

Darko

Jul 21, 2009
Coralville
On the subject of Parking Depts...I work for the U of I parking department for 2 years. Great job. If ISU's is anything like that you get to drive around in a truck and ticket people whenever you feel like it. We only worked for half an hour and then sat in the office on the computers for 2 hours. then repeat over an 8 hour shift. Lots of freedom and some power, if you're into that. really ****** job in the winter tho! Didn't write many tickets after december because I didn't want to get out of the truck ever. Also parking dept + parking depts friends get free parking behind the pentacrest and voided tickets. Good times - Can't remember how many hot chicks would hear from somebody that I could take care of parking tickets. Nice advantage to have. Also let a lot of hot chicks off. Good thing I'm not going into law enforcement. i'd be horribly unfair.

retzmountn

Aug 16, 2006
Runnells, IA
At ISU from Fall '84 to Summer of '87.

Spring -Fall 1985: Field worker for Molecular Genetics (crop research)

Fall '85 - Summer '87: Asst. to Grad. Engineering students at Spangler GeoTechnical Lab (great job!)

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
AmeriHerb...best job ever. We drank from lunch on every Friday and since we supplied Old Main with a lot of their ingredients, we got to test growlers of new beer all the time fresh from the new batch.

Fall 2002-Summer 2006

IMO there is not a better job out there for a college student. Great people at the 'Herb, no doubt. I cherished my time there.

Summer 2005-Fall 2006

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
You just became one of the most hated people on campus....generally for good reason...

On the subject of Parking Depts...I work for the U of I parking department for 2 years. Great job. If ISU's is anything like that you get to drive around in a truck and ticket people whenever you feel like it. We only worked for half an hour and then sat in the office on the computers for 2 hours. then repeat over an 8 hour shift. Lots of freedom and some power, if you're into that. really ****** job in the winter tho! Didn't write many tickets after december because I didn't want to get out of the truck ever. Also parking dept + parking depts friends get free parking behind the pentacrest and voided tickets. Good times - Can't remember how many hot chicks would hear from somebody that I could take care of parking tickets. Nice advantage to have. Also let a lot of hot chicks off. Good thing I'm not going into law enforcement. i'd be horribly unfair.

I'll only be in the office doing dispatch so I won't be risking my life out on the battlefield.:jimlad: Hopefully I'll be able to have access to the actual ticket information. Give me a leg up on making friends and what not when I casually mention I can get them out of a ticket.

Reactions: IcSyU

ctcarse

Mar 15, 2009
Roanoke, Alabama
Worked at Midwest Transportation driving school bus for Ames School from 79-83. Made extra money bringing new buses up from Conway Ar and made about $125 for the weekend(good money for the times). Also drove extra buses for Cyride during the winter(buses were accidents wainting to happen).

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I worked the Circulation desk at the ISU library. That is possibly the greatest job you can get while attending ISU. Decent pay ($8.50 I think, not great but alright), super flexible hours (would literally work like 2 hours between classes, and I was already on campus!), and you could study and do homework while at work! Totally awesome!:yes::yes::yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron