When will my son stop crapping his pants?

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
Exactly! Like there is a person on this planet, that has never had a surprise attack of diarrhea and they are nowhere near a bathroom. Perhaps they don't count that as pooping their pants because it's diarrhea and not solid poop.

Reminds me of the time my buddy wouldn't pull over on theway home from Minnesota when I got the urgent call of nature. Will never forget the embarrassment of the mess I had made in the womens bathroom at a McDonalds or the call to my friends in the car that I needed some new pants. At the moment I was extremely embarrassed, but now pretty proud it wasn't worse.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I would guess that it's different for every kid, but my wife and I have had pretty good luck with our only kid (who's 2 and a half) using a "potty chart". It's just colored poster board and a bunch of stickers, and when he pees in the potty he gets to pick one sticker and put it on the chart, and two for when he poops. That, frequently asking him if he needs to go potty, and a ton of patience have worked ok so far.

We did the sticker chart too (put it up right next to the toilet) with our son and it seemed to help.......something about stickers and kids. :) My wife also started letting him pick out cool "big boy" underwear at Target, but he was only allowed to wear them if he used the toilet......so batman and spider man underwear got him motivated too.

All that said, the process still took months to get through and it wasn't easy. I don't really blame kids either......crappin' in a big white bowl with your parents staring at you is kind of weird.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
First a thread/poll about peeing in the shower, now a thread on pooping. The only logical progression from here that I can see is a thread about... pooping in the shower.

robryansad.gif

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Exactly! Like there is a person on this planet, that has never had a surprise attack of diarrhea and they are nowhere near a bathroom. Perhaps they don't count that as pooping their pants because it's diarrhea and not solid poop.

My wife knows that if we go out to eat on a date night that I have 30 minutes before I need to be in a bathroom. So we need to decide are we sticking around for a few drinks or are we going to try and make it home on time.

Lets just say I've ruined the end of a night more than once by making some deposits on the side of the road and used undies and socks as TP. We now carry TP in our vehicles.

I know TMI but who cares.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Just jogged my memory- the most fun you can have is when your little one gets sick and is spewing out both ends simultaneously. No one preps you for that scenario.

Not to one up you, two kids, both under four, spewing from both ends, while my wife and I both had the same stomach flu. Cleaning them up when you're healthy is bad enough, when you have stomach flu and can barely keep from tossing your cookies to begin with, was just plain awful. It was an entire weekend of, "your turn this time!"

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
We've seen our offense and Baylor's offense, the possibility of pants being crapped is on the front of our minds.

(jokes aside, I don't see it being a 33 pt game)

I laughed. And urb1, no matter how ugly the game gets, it will never match that scenario. At least I hope not.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
My son is almost 2 and can pee in the toilet from time to time. On the other hand, he is more interested in unrolling toilet paper down to the tube into the toilet, and flushing it. Can't tell if this a good sign or bad sign.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
I never had kids. My sister did tho, four of em. Basically after age three, if they pooped their pants shed basically make em clean themselves up. Like go to the bathroom, wipe themselves off. Wash, all that stuff. It was to teach them they aren't babies anymore and to stop pooping in their damn pants.

Help Support Us

Become a patron