What's your major?

ButlerClone

Dec 21, 2008
Ag Studies, minor in Agronomy. Now I'm in Law School at Drake, never would have thought I would be, but you never know where life will lead. hopefully being a lawyer will provide enough money that I can lose it all farming.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
Economics with a minor in stalking Justin Smith via my girlfriend's room on starbucks.... oh wait....

twa5786

Feb 21, 2007
USA
As someone who is getting their masters in sports admin right now, I would say that getting that as your undergrad is definitely not something you want to do. Get a business degree first, then go to grad school for Sports Mgmt or Sports Admin. Its a great field, and a fun one, but if you can have an undergrad in business to fall back on I would definitely recommend it, because jobs in sports are very hard to come by.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Started with Russian, which was dumped when I changed catalogs. (I got a 3 year schollie 2 years into college) Ended with History.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
BS Civil Engineering .... I've been working at a Transportation Engineer (roads, trails, etc) for 12 years now.

Although I love what I do, I would have loved to be a Biomedical Engineer (prosthetics) but would've needed to go to EIU for it. :no:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Graduated with BS in Psych and minors in Soc. and Biology. Transferred in wanting to be a Bio major, the coaches wanted me to do Soc so we compromised on Psych. Going back I wish I would have stuck to my guns a little more but it was a pretty tough situation to be in...

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Let me say this about Sport Management. I was in the last class of sport management they offered at ISU. It was worthless. I ended up getting out of it becuase it sucked. GET A BUSINESS DEGREE. Marketing or Management, and go out and get some great internships. Try and get on out at the Athletic department doing marketing. Go work for a minor league baseball team. (get on a website called www.pbeo.com, it's great) The business degree will take you SO much farther. And you can do something else when you find out the money is not that great in sports management and the hours suck... at least at first.

I got a OSCM(Operations & Supply Chain Management) and a Marketing double major with a minor in spanish.

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
BBA in Managment Information Systems with a minor in Com Sci and that is pretty much what I do in my job.

Started as a Systems Programmer and am now in Capacity Planning and Systems Performance.