What TV show are you streaming right now?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Is Valhalla as gory as Vikings was? I made it through Vikings but not before I gave serious thought to just stopping because I couldn’t take some stuff.

Well, there haven't been any Blood Eagle ceremonies yet, but it's still pretty violent. I like the characters though; in general more likeable and "heroic" then the main characters in the original series.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I need to watch Money Heist again. If you haven't seen that, watch it, watch it now.
One of if not the greatest shows ever. Just masterfully done and the acting is top notch as well.

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Been having trouble streaming anything lately. We have Amazon firesticks in 2 different TVs. So I grabbed the newer firestick from the basement and put it in our main TV, .... Wow, what a difference! Just clicks right to everything. Our older one would disconnect, reboot, freeze up with the spinning circle thing (I'm forgetting the name for that). Anyway, didn't realize a firestick is maybe only good for about 2 to 3 years. Still way cheaper than cable or DISH.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Started Manifest tonight, got through first 4 episodes. A little slow but good acting and intriguing storylines.
The premise of the show is interesting, but they missed out on telling more compelling stories in favor of going heavy into the supernatural. The first season was ok, but the second season went completely off the rails for me.

There's one character in particular that is so poorly acted and written in season 2, that I found myself practically resenting the show.

• Informative
Reactions: Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The premise of the show is interesting, but they missed out on telling more compelling stories in favor of going heavy into the supernatural. The first season was ok, but the second season went completely off the rails for me.

There's one character in particular that is so poorly acted and written in season 2, that I found myself practically resenting the show.
Season 3, Episode 3 the step brother is watching an Iowa State home basketball game.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Middle of second season of All American. It’s basically like Friday night lights but in bad parts of LA. I think probably the best description is Friday night lights in the hood. Very good show. Taye Diggs is a good actor.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Rewatching Silicon Valley. Season 1 and 2 are some of the funniest seasons on TV.

Hilarious because I’m doing the exact same. I’m about halfway through season 5. I caught a clip of the jerking scene before tech crunch and had to rewatch it all again.

I caught a break after watching the entirety of Peaky Blinders and Succession for the first time and running through Eastbound and Down again.

The Righteous Gemstones is back on Sunday.

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think you quoted the wrong post unless I missed some pretty significant developments in Ted Lasso

Well since the Ted Lasso thread got shutdown (thanks a lot to those that ruined that thread...) just finished watching the last episode last night after binge watching the entire series the past month or so. What a great show. While they wrapped up a lot of stuff in the final episode I hope with the success of the show they consider trying another season as I think they left enough meat on the bone to continue some storylines. As great as Sudeikis is I think my favorite character by the end was Roy Kent. The only episode that I think disappointed in the whole series was the coach Beard episode that was just weird and was kind of a "1 off" episode that didn't really tie into the vibe the rest of the series had.

Reactions: zumbro clones

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
getting a kick out of the 3rd season of the righteous gemstones on HBO

• Agree
Reactions: alarson