What music are you listening to right now?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been a fan of Andrew Bird since "Mysterious Production of Eggs" and this song continues to deliver on his multilayered pop approach.

For the 90s music folks in here, he played violin in the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Seen him live? Wonderful. Used to be crazy when it was just him and drummer.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I dare you to turn this off once it starts:

...I just learned about Khruangbin (thai for airplane, says wikipedia) about 2 hours ago, but wow!

Instrumental, great bass as the main rhythm and melody, never ending guitar solos over the top, the drummer is a metronome - so smooth. Good Monday morning music. You may not have known you needed "Thai funk with Iranian pop influences" in your life, but will be good for Thanksgiving road trip driving!

The first song was the closing music to the new episode of Barry on HBO.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Went to House of Blues in Dallas last Thursday to listen to Stick Figure. They had two bands open up for them, but one of them, The Movement, was awesome! I've had their last album and latest releases playing non-stop ever since.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Some new age Booker T and the MG's. If you don't think this stuff is good then I don't want to know you.

Full album here.

Just saw them in Savannah, GA over the weekend and they are every bit as good live.

These guys are awesome. Thanks for posting them. I'm adding them to my playlist right now.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I've had the Sylvia Anthology in my car for a couple weeks now. She was responsible for the country-crossover hit "Nobody" in 1982, as well as other big country hits in the early 80s. Not every song (in a 24 song track list) is a winner, but that's what the 'skip' button is for.

"Nobody"

"Snapshot"

"Like Nothing Ever Happened"

Reactions: StClone

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Sitting in sandwich shop eating lunch, according to Siri I’m listening to Darkness In Mind by River Whyless.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been listening to the new Andrew Bird album, the new Jenny Lewis album, and I'll go ahead and admit it, the new Dido album. They all came out last month and they're all really good.

Reactions: Entropy