What music are you listening to right now?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
They are great! Ever listened to Mt. Joy? They're touring together and coming up to MN. Thinking about buying tix.

Yes! I'm considering their show here in DSM, also - I just don't know anyone else who knows them, either!

• Winner
Reactions: CloniesForLife

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I dare you to turn this off once it starts:

...I just learned about Khruangbin (thai for airplane, says wikipedia) about 2 hours ago, but wow!

Instrumental, great bass as the main rhythm and melody, never ending guitar solos over the top, the drummer is a metronome - so smooth. Good Monday morning music. You may not have known you needed "Thai funk with Iranian pop influences" in your life, but will be good for Thanksgiving road trip driving!

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
JennyLewis_OnTheLine.jpg

Jenny Lewis On the Line

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie and Entropy

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Have you watched the video of her debut party?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/03/jenny-lewis-on-the-line-listening-party-watch/

I've debated several times going to her show next Tuesday in Iowa City (LINK) - I saw her w/Rilo Kiley up at First Ave during the Under the Blacklight tour, and she's great live.

I'm a fairly casual fan, but always think I should listen to her more when I do.

Caught her at 80/35 (right before Wilco plays - 2015?) and thought her set was great.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm a fairly casual fan, but always think I should listen to her more when I do.

Caught her at 80/35 (right before Wilco plays - 2015?) and thought her set was great.

She just has a gorgeous voice. And is just cool.

New Stephen Malkmus sans Jicks: Grove Denied
Long time solo project finally compiled and released.

I love Malkmus, but haven't listened to this new one! Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA

...I just learned about Khruangbin (thai for airplane, says wikipedia) about 2 hours ago, but wow!

Instrumental, great bass as the main rhythm and melody, never ending guitar solos over the top, the drummer is a metronome - so smooth. Good Monday morning music. You may not have known you needed "Thai funk with Iranian pop influences" in your life, but will be good for Thanksgiving road trip driving!

Never heard of this band before, but I'm digging it. I like to listen to instrumental music sometimes while I work, and this is really fitting the bill today. Good grooves. Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS and k123

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Currently obsessed with this song, can't believe I didn't hear this earlier. The Knife - Heartbeats

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

The bass player makes me feel funny:D

• Funny
Reactions: k123

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
It looks like everyone listens to something completely different than I'm used to ! This is part of my daily playlist