What is your favorite car company?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What about the Delorean? :biglaugh:

delorean_brochure3_81.jpg

Give me a GM vehicle anyday, glad to see I'm in good company with that thinking too!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I voted Honda but Subaru would be a close second. Subaru just built a new plant in Indiana that is zero landfill. And beside the 2008 version of the WRX, the WRX remains my favorite car.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Where are Ferrari and Porsche? You said favorite, after all. :biggrin:

The Berlin auto complex had dealerships for Bentley, Rolls, Bugatti, Aston Martin and Ferrari in the same general area.

The Ferraris looked and sounded like cheap junk compared to the rest.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The Berlin auto complex had dealerships for Bentley, Rolls, Bugatti, Aston Martin and Ferrari in the same general area.

The Ferraris looked and sounded like cheap junk compared to the rest.
Fine. Having now read the thread, I'll go with the Bentley, though Rolls are nice too. :wink:

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have an '06 Volvo S60 that is far and away the best car I've ever had. I know there are higher end cars out there - but the Volvo is a huge value relative to BMW and Mercedes.

It's coming off lease in February if anyone is interested. With the new business acquisition and the economy I'm cutting corners, and will likely just buy something less expensive.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I have an '06 Volvo S60 that is far and away the best car I've ever had. I know there are higher end cars out there - but the Volvo is a huge value relative to BMW and Mercedes.

It's coming off lease in February if anyone is interested. With the new business acquisition and the economy I'm cutting corners, and will likely just buy something less expensive.

The wife just got a volvo xc90 v8 awd. The thing has a ton of power and the awd drive works great on the ice and snow (we just put it to the test last night). also volvo is one of the safest cars on the planet. volvo is, or was, owned by ford.

i drive a ford f250 with a powerstroke diesel. love it.

my vote is for ford.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I believe Volvo is still owned by Ford, but is on the market. I could be wrong but don't recall a sale being made.

FWIW, the Taurus (formerly the 500) sits on the same platform as the S60. I'm going to take a hard look at it.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Grew up with Chryslers. Driven GM most of my life. Have a Ford and Honda in the garage right now.

Sentimental favorite is GM, but really don't care,

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Hmm I grew up riding in Chevy's, never much cared for Fords
That said, I currently drive a Hyundai Elantra and I love it...

I got the chance to drive a Mustang rental car for a week. It was fun but I hated the interior. Looked at a few other Ford's here and there, did driver's ed in one. Never really liked 'em

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ford has to be one of the ugliest product lines I know.....just plain, boxy, square, all look the same, and the interiors are horrible. Some GM products are ok.

Acura (Honda) is the brand for me. I drive a Honda Accord now and absolutely love it and hopefully some day I save up enough cash to buy an Acura. BMWs are too shabby either. My wife loves her Toyota SUV.

I don't understand the bailout. It's just delaying their failure until 2009/2010. Hopefully the auto workers take this opportunity to take some college courses on the side and build other skills in preparation for 2 - 3 years from now when they lose their job.

What Ford has to offer now is a lot better than the "bug-like" stuff they had to offer between the mid-'90s through the early 2000s. That being said, the Fusion and Mustang are about the only passenger vehicles I'd ever even consider owning from Ford.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hmm I grew up riding in Chevy's, never much cared for Fords
That said, I currently drive a Hyundai Elantra and I love it...

I got the chance to drive a Mustang rental car for a week. It was fun but I hated the interior. Looked at a few other Ford's here and there, did driver's ed in one. Never really liked 'em

What year?

I drove an '08 Elantra rental in late August, and although it's a pretty good looking vehicle and was really a nice (and daresay fun with its autostick) drive on short trips, I really started getting uncomfortable in it for drives that lasted longer than an hour.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sentimentally and traditionally a GM fan, but IMO they just can't compete with what Nissan has to offer right now.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
What year?

I drove an '08 Elantra rental in late August, and although it's a pretty good looking vehicle and was really a nice (and daresay fun with its autostick) drive on short trips, I really started getting uncomfortable in it for drives that lasted longer than an hour.

Driving an '07

I can't say I'm any more uncomfortable after an hour than I am in any other car... actually it's not too bad. and I find myself driving for 1-2 hours quite a bit down here

I hear you on the GM sentiments, but I didn't even really bother to look much at their current stuff

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Driving an '07

I can't say I'm any more uncomfortable after an hour than I am in any other car... actually it's not too bad. and I find myself driving for 1-2 hours quite a bit down here

I hear you on the GM sentiments, but I didn't even really bother to look much at their current stuff

I figure I'm also quite a bit bigger than you are as well -
6' 2", north of 300...

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
The interior has been the only negative for me. Maybe they've improved but I looked at a Legacy and an Impreza back in 2006 and they were a little behind. Everything else about them was nice.
It's nothing great, but the '08s are "ok". Quality wise they are fine. They just are kinda blah. Simple, though.

I voted Honda but Subaru would be a close second. Subaru just built a new plant in Indiana that is zero landfill. And beside the 2008 version of the WRX, the WRX remains my favorite car.

The 08 and 09 STi are egregious.
2008-subaru-wrx-sti22.jpg

The plain WRXs are fine, though.
112_0709_09z+2008_subaru_impreza_WRX+left_side_view.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron