Wednesday OT - How musically inclined are you?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
old people love clapping on the on beat. it's like after turning 50 they no longer what an off beat is. the only time that has ever sounded good (and it still sounds half bad) is on that one Cars song.

Nope. We're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about clapping at the same tempo as the music being played. And anyway, on the fight song they clap on every beat, not every other beat.

I'm with you on the other part (although I strenuously object to your stereotype). I like country & gospel music...and I DON'T clap on the downbeat. Which means that when I'm surrounded by "white folk" clapping every other beat I'm usually clapping opposite to them. ;)

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
thats what i meant - had the terms backwards. i hate clapping on the 1 and 3, Clap on the 2 and 4 like a normal song!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh it's difficult haha. But surprisingly it's possible to be out of tune on the bagpipes which make them sound even worse

A large part of my heritage is Clan McNeill (variant spelling) of Barra...I LOVE the pipes, especially when played by kilted men. But I couldn't resist the joke... :)

ISUtamu

Aug 28, 2010
Paris, France
I took piano for 10 years but never learned to read music. I ca hear something and play it back pretty well. In 8th grade I switched to drums and and guitar because you don't need sheet music for those really. I never understood why horn players needed sheet music!

So I'm pretty musically inclined.

[video=youtube;zqEV8kFHUbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqEV8kFHUbM[/video]

I..have a confessions to makes - YouTube