Way way WAY Too Early Depth Chart for 2022

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Lazard and Scates were higher rated, hopefully Gaines will perform somewhere closer to Lazard.
I think the better of Gaines and Essex becomes our alpha when Hutchinson is done. I could see them as an or behind X.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Soooo ummmm.... there was a reason I didn't want to update the board when people were asking a week ago..

I'm going to take names out of guys transferring, but I won't add anyone until the dust settles. More transfers out and in to come.
Why 4L hasn’t updated.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Who is protecting Dekkers blind side which is the right tackle position?
I really like Dekkers, but I hope he is fairly elusive. Purdy was pretty good at avoiding the rush. Sorry, but with our OL you cannot be a standing target.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Here's my hand at this

QB - Hunter Dekkers, Ashton Cook OR Aidan Bouman
RB - Jirehl Brock OR Deon Silas OR Eli Sanders (Will be decided in camp)
WRX - Daniel Jackson, Darren Wilson
WRM - Jaylin Noel, Quaron Adams
WRZ - Xavier Hutchinson, Sean Shaw
TE - Easton Dean, Tyler Moore
F - Jared Rus
LT- James Neal, Tyler Miller
LG- Jarrod Hufford, Hayden Pauls
C- Trevor Downing, Joey Ramos,
RG- Darrell Simmons, Deylin Hasert
RT- Jake Remsburg, Grant Treiber

DE - MJ Anderson, Blake Petersen
DE - Will McDonald, Jayden Grey
DT - JR Singleton, Isaiah Lee OR Tyler Onyedim
LB - Gerry Vaughn, Carston Marshall
LB - O Rien Vance, Cole Pedersen
LB - Colby Reeder, Jacob Imming
CB - Myles Purchase, Michal Antoine OR DJ Miller
CB - Anthony Johnson, TJ Tampa
S - Craig McDonald, Jordyn Morgan
Star* - Beau Freyler, Mason Chambers
S - Malik Verdon, Jeremiah Cooper

That looks fairly close to me.

I’d take out the “OR’s” between Lee and Onyedim…. and also Cook and Bouman. I’ve heard that Cook was pretty much the clear #3 last year over Bouman.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

I’d take out the “OR’s” between Lee and Onyedim…. and also Cook and Bouman. I’ve heard that Cook was pretty much the clear #3 last year over Bouman.

Is Bouman just not that good? I expected some game time experience for him at some point by now?

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
We’ll be fine with Remsburg at RT. He’s our best tackle and would’ve been our best this year too.

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020

I agree the ORs on both of those could be left off and I heard the same. Also wouldn't surprise me if Becht jumped Bouman and Cook since he is enrolling early

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree the ORs on both of those could be left off and I heard the same. Also wouldn't surprise me if Becht jumped Bouman and Cook since he is enrolling early
Gotta think Bouman is going to transfer. Cook isn't your run of the mill walk on but at some point Becht should pass him by.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Why?

Hufford is naturally a guard and struggled in space. I'm wondering if Ramos at #2 center was a needed a body for the 2s thing? My guess is Simmons is the guard that slides in to center to allow Hufford to play inside.
I’m not confident that we find a sure fire LT, that’s why.

Not sure why they’d move a tackle that started the first 4-5 games of 2020 before injury to C unless he’s a legitimate candidate. Especially since we moved a couple of guards out to tackle to suffice.