Way way WAY Too Early Depth Chart for 2022

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Just curious, what kind of NIL would it take to land R Mason Thomas?
ISU will not benefit from NIL in my opinion. It will be interesting to see if CMC can keep improving recruiting with the NIL disadvantage he faces. Actually I think he will not be highly interested in the kids that look at football as "what can you do for me."

Reactions: Cyclad

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
ISU will not benefit from NIL in my opinion. It will be interesting to see if CMC can keep improving recruiting with the NIL disadvantage he faces. Actually I think he will not be highly interested in the kids that look at football as "what can you do for me."
Not what I asked.

Reactions: WhoISthis

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Or here’s a thought. We need to spread out more 4 wide to open up the running game. Perhaps that plays to dekkers strengths more anyway. I’ll throw up next year if we start out against Iowa doing long delayed run plays up the middle. They kicked our ass defending that.
Hopefully we’ve got the WR skill for that.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Here's my hand at this

QB - Hunter Dekkers, Ashton Cook OR Aidan Bouman
RB - Jirehl Brock OR Deon Silas OR Eli Sanders (Will be decided in camp)
WRX - Daniel Jackson, Darren Wilson
WRM - Jaylin Noel, Quaron Adams
WRZ - Xavier Hutchinson, Sean Shaw
TE - Easton Dean, Tyler Moore
F - Jared Rus
LT- James Neal, Tyler Miller
LG- Jarrod Hufford, Hayden Pauls
C- Trevor Downing, Joey Ramos,
RG- Darrell Simmons, Deylin Hasert
RT- Jake Remsburg, Grant Treiber

DE - MJ Anderson, Blake Petersen
DE - Will McDonald, Jayden Grey
DT - JR Singleton, Isaiah Lee OR Tyler Onyedim
LB - Gerry Vaughn, Carston Marshall
LB - O Rien Vance, Cole Pedersen
LB - Colby Reeder, Jacob Imming
CB - Myles Purchase, Michal Antoine OR DJ Miller
CB - Anthony Johnson, TJ Tampa
S - Craig McDonald, Jordyn Morgan
Star* - Beau Freyler, Mason Chambers
S - Malik Verdon, Jeremiah Cooper

With Ramos transferring and obviously Campbell's Cheeze It Bowl comments it pretty much solidifies Downing starter at Center. He's going to be great in this role

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I was referring to them moving Ramos to C.

He started the first several games of 2020 at RT. We needed tackle bodies last year and they moved him to C. They must think he can produce there since we moved a tackle that has started to an interior position.
Maybe not.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
The offensive line improving would go pretty far towards shoring up how the QB and the RB play. Purdy and Hall did some heroic stuff to still be productive with a barely functioning line in front of them. If the line is more passable, then their replacements, who are definitely not as experienced and might not be as talented as the "big two," might actually have a chance to maintain the same level of gameday productivity.

Much as this is borrowing Iowa and Wisconsin's playbook, if there is a unit on the field I could choose to be consistently elite year-to-year, it would be the offensive line. Everything flows from it.

I don't think ISU's line was terrible. I do think that our scheme is more dependent on excellent to elite o-line play than others. Every team is better when they control the LOS but our whole scheme is ball control, don't turn it over, get 10 yards every 3 plays. It feels like the offense is designed to score in 12+ plays a drive, or punt.

I agree with everything else. I would say our o-line was about average, we need it to be great to elite to take the next step and finally win 10 games.

If the new guys up front are more talented and can be better than prior teams, then I think you are right - we have a shot to be better with less talent / experience at RB/QB.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Proton