Voices from the stands: Iowa Game

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
I had a young guy next to me trying to get me riled up by saying crap about ISU. I started asking him if he knew anything about our team, he said no. I said I watch the Hawks games every week, explained I grew up a Hawk, but that fans like him made me change my team. I asked him how he thought Stanzi would do in the game, he laughed, but didn't know what the Hawk's starting QB's name was. He was nothing but nice after that and just kept asking my wife if she would go buy him pickles. That is the best he could do, and my wife gave him crap the rest of the game, he left prior to halftime.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
..... My oldest is wearing his BEAT IOWA shirt - this gal walks up and tells him he should burn that shirt. He looks at her and says you should burn some calories. ....

Classic. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I took my 2 sons to the game, first ever Cyclone away game. My oldest is wearing his BEAT IOWA shirt - this gal walks up and tells him he should burn that shirt. He looks at her and says you should burn some calories. Her jaw dropped open and then mumbled something about that being mean. Might be a little something extra in his stocking this Christmas!

Another observation from my first visit to Kinnick was it never seemed as loud as Jack Trice even when they went up 14-3. Last thing was my sons couldn't believe their fans would boo their own team.

I was a bit shocked at that as well. Not that ISU has never booed the coaches. I recall one of Mac's last season where we were down against KU and he sat on the ball at the end of the 1st half with well over a minute and a timeout or two. Boos rained down - and deservedly so I think.

But they didn't like a call on 3rd and long, in the 2nd quarter of the 3rd game? With the lead?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
My oldest is wearing his BEAT IOWA shirt - this gal walks up and tells him he should burn that shirt. He looks at her and says you should burn some calories. Her jaw dropped open and then mumbled something about that being mean. Might be a little something extra in his stocking this Christmas.

Give that boy whatever he wants!

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I had to take a trip to the hardware store Saturday morning. I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "You cant spell **** SUcker, without ISU." Granted I am aging and try to keep myself somewhat respectable and professional, but this guy was older than me. The first thing I thought of was: who in the world would wear that shirt, followed by: why in the world would you wear that shirt.

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
I had a great time as always. Tailgated along the river near the library for a few hours and it was easy to get in and out despite a ton of traffic. Walked across the river up the hill and tailgated at a house parking lot about a sand wedge away from the stadium for another few hours. Got stopped by some cops for having an open container on the sidewalk, but they just asked nicely to dump it out and not drink on streets or sidewalks. a house to the south of us had a back yard absolutely packed with college kids and folks on the roof leading cheers and activities that wasted a lot of beer. a lot of iowa and isu students partying together. lots of eye candy as always.

my only complaint is that the place is seemingly always under construction. and holy crap is the hospital huge.

I work at the Hospital. There are now more than 8,000 employees. The tower being built next to the stadium is the new Children's Hospital. They have expanded as much as they can to wards Kinnick. Any future growth will probably mean tearing down the old fieldhouse, pretty much the only direction for expansion. THey are building a new building in North Liberty for 800 finance employees from the Hospital as well.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
It was about 11 o'clock. We were at some porta potties on melrose somewhere, there was these two girls. Completely hammered, one was in the porta potty and both we're wearing the shortest jean shorts I've ever seen. Literally half of there *** is hanging out. The girl that was outside of the porta potty literally ran into the porta potty and almost knocked the thing over with her friend in it. Her friend bolts out of the john screaming and just slaps her friend in the *** as hard as I've ever seen. Her friends phone goes flying, phone screen cracks. Girl with *** slapped starts crying and I'm sitting over here laughing my head off

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
It was about 11 o'clock. We were at some porta potties on melrose somewhere, there was these two girls. Completely hammered, one was in the porta potty and both we're wearing the shortest jean shorts I've ever seen. Literally half of there *** is hanging out. The girl that was outside of the porta potty literally ran into the porta potty and almost knocked the thing over with her friend in it. Her friend bolts out of the john screaming and just slaps her friend in the *** as hard as I've ever seen. Her friends phone goes flying, phone screen cracks. Girl with *** slapped starts crying and I'm sitting over here laughing my head off
Is it weird if this story kind of turns me on?

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

Thanks for taking pics, BuBu. Jerk.

Reactions: Bu4ISU

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

And least they knew well enough to not go alone to the porta potties in IC.

Help Support Us

Become a patron