Voices from the stands: Iowa Game

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Been to quite a few away games including most of the former Big12 North ad Purdue's Ross Aid Stadium. KU and Iowa City are the two worst venues in terms of their fans just being classless ****s.

The outside of Kinnick within a mile radius smells like the inside of a well used and rarely serviced porta john.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
I went to Iowa City for the first time, was told not to wear any ISU gear but I did anyways. I heard alotof "**** state" but other than being heckled I was surprised nothing else happened. I was also sitting in the student section

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I went to Iowa City for the first time, was told not to wear any ISU gear but I did anyways. I heard alotof "**** state" but other than being heckled I was surprised nothing else happened. I was also sitting in the student section

Yeah, but you're an elf and Hawkeyes are orcs and orcs are scared of elfs (for good reason).

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have to mention my all time personal favorite. (2004)
I'm in line for a port a potty in Olive Court, a girl turns around, and says in a condescending voice "nice shirt."
Without hesitation I said "nice hair, it'll be perfect when Whitesnake goes back out on tour."
Her friends covered their mouths and were chuckling because you knew it's something they always wanted to say to her but didn't have the heart.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Guy sitting next to me in the ISU section was an Iowa fan with skinny jeans on. ******* and moaned all game. My wife argued with him once or twice, and then somewhere around the third quarter he got up and went to the concession stand. When he came back, I stood up so he could scoot by, and as I did I noticed a large hole in his pants just under in the groinal region. Honestly, I thought I caught a glimpse of something as I stood up. Whatever it was was skin colored, could have been thigh but I don't think so. I instantly looked away so I'll never know for sure. When I mentioned it to him he goes, "eh, it's all good." Clearly it was not.

Section 132. The guy had a on shirt that said "Party like a Champion Today." Clearly had the jewels showing. I wanted to puke. A couple of gals behind me noticed it also and started laughing. I guess a lady beside us got rubbed by them as he was walking with both hands full of concessions!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Been to quite a few away games including most of the former Big12 North ad Purdue's Ross Aid Stadium. KU and Iowa City are the two worst venues in terms of their fans just being classless ****s.

The outside of Kinnick within a mile radius smells like the inside of a well used and rarely serviced porta john.

That would be Carver Hawkeye arena.

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012
Section 132. The guy had a on shirt that said "Party like a Champion Today." Clearly had the jewels showing. I wanted to puke. A couple of gals behind me noticed it also and started laughing. I guess a lady beside us got rubbed by them as he was walking with both hands full of concessions!

That was Hayden Fry.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

Are you certain it wasn't in Section 110 or 136?

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
I'm just watching the game from my DVR and the classy student section is broadcast on television giving double bird salutes and chanting "F*** You State" just before play resumes with 6:28 left in the game. It was following the reversal of the Iowa fumble call. Clear as day on the broadcast.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I'm just watching the game from my DVR and the classy student section is broadcast on television giving double bird salutes and chanting "F*** You State" just before play resumes with 6:28 left in the game. It was following the reversal of the Iowa fumble call. Clear as day on the broadcast.
That isn't a big deal. Thats something I would expect from a student section. Ours has done similar. Think about the Michigan game. If you want to be mad about it be mad at the producer who allowed it on television.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA

I was surprised at how long the camera hung there before the producer realized they should probably choose a more FCC-friendly shot.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
I have to mention my all time personal favorite. (2004)
I'm in line for a port a potty in Olive Court, a girl turns around, and says in a condescending voice "nice shirt."
Without hesitation I said "nice hair, it'll be perfect when Whitesnake goes back out on tour."
Her friends covered their mouths and were chuckling because you knew it's something they always wanted to say to her but didn't have the heart.

Saw a Hok mom prior to the game Saturday at Wendy's and had full on 1980's big hair. I almost spit out my food laughing.

Feel bad laughing at meth addicts, but, whatever.

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
Saw a guy in 132 wearing a shirt that read "Beating State Is My Life"

Well at least we know that Iowa State is the State the shirt is referring to,in light of the fact they don't play Ohio State,Michigan State or Penn State anymore.

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
Well at least we know that Iowa State is the State the shirt is referring to,in light of the fact they don't play Ohio State,Michigan State or Penn State anymore.

Maybe beating Ball State is his life?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron