Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Hopefully Urban gets cleared. If he doesn’t, even if Campbell doesn’t leave, the whole year that is what everyone is going to be talking about.

The timing would be super strange to leave. His buyout is super high right now with the latest contract, he's building a new culture and is getting great (for ISU standards) recruits in place, new uniforms, new facility announcements, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I like it when CW comes out so strongly against a rumor! Its almost like he knows something!

But his evidence was worthless.
Ohio State hasn't normally hired coaches who already have a NC on their resume. Meyer was a pretty special exception that was available right when they wanted to make a big hire splash.

I'm not saying Campbell is gone, but his record at Iowa State is good enough to get him pretty far before they would even consider meeting with him. He'd be a real, very strong candidate.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Hoiberg leaving taught us that we should never be naive enough to think that coaches aren't always looking to better their position. Still hope Campbell is the guy to change that for us but I won't hold my breath if Meyer is canned.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
But his evidence was worthless.
Ohio State hasn't normally hired coaches who already have a NC on their resume. Meyer was a pretty special exception that was available right when they wanted to make a big hire splash.

I'm not saying Campbell is gone, but his record at Iowa State is good enough to get him pretty far before they would even consider meeting with him. He'd be a real, very strong candidate.

Stoops is right there at the right time right now.

Then throw in the coaching tree you have Dantanio, Carroll, Saban (probably not realistic), etc.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm hearing a lot about "mandatory reporters," but not much about HIPAA. Would HIPAA prevent a mandatory reporter from talking to anyone other than the authorities?
HIPPA only applies to covered entities. Urban Meyer wouldn't fall under that category.

Also the mandatory reporter law would supercede, even if he was.

And even if it didn't, it wouldn't be a violation to report suspected abuse to your superiors, or a designated compliance officer.

Short answer, privacy laws won't be a good thing to use as defense if he knew about this.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Multiple rumors from multiple anonymous fat guys at their computers?

Does ANYONE think CMC has the character flaw to leave this squad mid-camp? ANYONE think our coach has that trait? Does ANYONE think that little of CMC on this board?

Oh but money, oh but Ohio, oh but, oh but oh but...

They're talking 2019. We'll be talking about this all season.

• Agree
Reactions: swessball

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I won't panic unless the OSU AD also gets canned and Pollard and Campbell are rumored to step in.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Whether CMC is a legit candidate or not just cross your fingers that the rumor mill doesn't push recruits to flip their commitments.

IMO Bob Stoops would be a home run hire. They could have him on board and ready to go before the season even starts and not have to go the interim route.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
IF he gets the offer he'd be dumb not to take it. As much as I don't like to say it or admit it...

What if it's NOT his dream? What if his dream - which he's stated out loud numerous times - was to take a disadvantaged program like ISU and build HIS program here and create his own success here - all the while making better than average wages for him and his staff?

Maybe he'd be interested, maybe he thinks it's too early in his career? Maybe he jumps at the chance or maybe he's already shut down those thoughts with those closest to him.

Many on here need to pull up their big boy panties or at least slap a pad on all the leakage they are demonstrating here.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Whether CMC is a legit candidate or not just cross your fingers that the rumor mill doesn't push recruits to flip their commitments.

IMO Bob Stoops would be a home run hire. They could have him on board and ready to go before the season even starts and not have to go the interim route.

Good point. Just would be whether he truly is done with coaching.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What if it's NOT his dream? What if his dream - which he's stated out loud numerous times - was to take a disadvantaged program like ISU and build HIS program here and create his own success here - all the while making better than average wages for him and his staff?

Maybe he'd be interested, maybe he thinks it's too early in his career? Maybe he jumps at the chance or maybe he's already shut down those thoughts with those closest to him.

Many on here need to pull up their big boy panties or at least slap a pad on all the leakage they are demonstrating here.
An offer would naturally have the prerequisite of interest...

(they aren't going to offer someone if that someone doesn't have mutual interest...)

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
HIPPA only applies to covered entities. Urban Meyer wouldn't fall under that category.

Also the mandatory reporter law would supercede, even if he was.

And even if it didn't, it wouldn't be a violation to report suspected abuse to your superiors, or a designated compliance officer.

Short answer, privacy laws won't be a good thing to use as defense if he knew about this.
HIPAA, carry on. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Janny

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

I thought that as well but Stoops just had Mixon with that domestic violence case. They would go for a squeaky clean guy.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Multiple rumors from multiple anonymous fat guys at their computers?

Does ANYONE think CMC has the character flaw to leave this squad mid-camp? ANYONE think our coach has that trait? Does ANYONE think that little of CMC on this board?

Oh but money, oh but Ohio, oh but, oh but oh but...

No but on the same token if CMC is the stand up guy we think he his, today is the day you publicly state no interest in that job. If he's like you say he is, and I think he is too, then wouldn't he do that?

Reactions: riceville98

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron