Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Multiple rumors from multiple anonymous fat guys at their computers?

Does ANYONE think CMC has the character flaw to leave this squad mid-camp? ANYONE think our coach has that trait? Does ANYONE think that little of CMC on this board?

Oh but money, oh but Ohio, oh but, oh but oh but...

Not right now, but OSU has an interim for this year, "will conduct a search after this season to find the right guy" then Campbell goes two days after we win the Cotton Bowl.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No but on the same token if CMC is the stand up guy we think he his, today is the day you publicly state no interest in that job. If he's like you say he is, and I think he is too, then wouldn't he do that?

1.) No, he absolutely can't say anything until Urb is **** canned.
2.) After Urb is let go you still keep quiet about it. This allows you to either pursue the job or parlay it into a salary bump at your current position.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I would hope that if he's not interested at this time he would come out and say it. He's very intelligent and knows the impact on recruiting. I guess we'll find out how loyal he is to pollard (no agent). Wouldn't blame the guy for going though but selfishly I want him to create a legacy here which I believe he could do.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There is no reason to panic about Campbell leaving. Everyone is right that there will be other top choices.

But it is naive and stupid to think there’s no chance they’d take Campbell. First, we have no idea if he has relationships with prominent people in the AD or boosters. That’s all it took for the Chiz, and he was terrible here. Campbell is young and squeaky clean. Don’t underestimate that. And how many times have we all been told that coach whoever would never leave or they would never hire him? Lots of times.

Do I think urban Meyer will coach at Ohio state again? No. Do I think Matt Campbell will be their coach in 2019? Probably not. Will I be annoyed all season? Yes.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Like everyone here, I want to CMC to stay. But if it comes to him leaving for OSU at the end of the season, Jamie's first call better be to Tom Manning. If not Manning, then Jason Candle.

That what I was going to say except I was going to say call Candle first.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Coaches do stay with their schools. Obviously Synder comes to mind at KState. Heck, even Ferentz at Iowa stayed despite having opportunities to step up or go NFL. Yes, he has 5 million reasons to stay...but he did stay.

If Urban is fired/removed, Campbell will be in the discussion, sorry, it is what it is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No but on the same token if CMC is the stand up guy we think he his, today is the day you publicly state no interest in that job. If he's like you say he is, and I think he is too, then wouldn't he do that?
EL...OH...EL

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I won't panic unless the OSU AD also gets canned and Pollard and Campbell are rumored to step in.

I can't imagine that Pollard would want to step into that mess. Plus the power of the boosters in Columbus must be incredible. They have been building its dysfunctional success for 100 years. Here, Pollard can reign over the kingdom he built. Hard to imagine that he would rush away from it.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I can't imagine that Pollard would want to step into that mess. Plus the power of the boosters in Columbus must be incredible. They have been building its dysfunctional success for 100 years. Here, Pollard can reign over the kingdom he built. Hard to imagine that he would rush away from it.

I don't see Pollard ever leaving for another AD job. Now if it was a commissioner of a league, i could see that but not another AD job.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Also, who exactly did Meyer lie to? The media when asked questions about it? - big deal. The AD? - this is where I'd like to know if he actually told them something. The Authorities? - Did they actually ask him about it.

If he just lied to the media about it then it's no big deal if he lied.

Help Support Us

Become a patron