Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also heard someone talking yesterday and I guess this Zach Smith was pretty much universally disliked on the coaching staff. So it is either everyone knew what was going on or he was a horrible person as a coach as well or both. My guess is both.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I know what you are insinuating but hats off to them for at least potentially gathering the facts and being sure about the story before they reported.

I doubt it had anything to do with the fact that a former employee still on their payroll broke the story...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Also heard someone talking yesterday and I guess this Zach Smith was pretty much universally disliked on the coaching staff. So it is either everyone knew what was going on or he was a horrible person as a coach as well or both. My guess is both.

Quietly whispers...everyone knew.

Reactions: rholtgraves

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Do we really know that Meyer didn't tell anyone in the AD? what if he told people in the AD and it was decided that since no charges were filed they weren't going to do anything but put the guy on a probation?

I think Meyer being put on administrative leave shuts that down unless there is a major conspiracy afoot.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just read an article that pointed out that this Ryan day probably isn’t the most obvious choice to be interim head coach. Did they look for someone with less connections to Meyer?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I know people are worried if they will come for Campbell. The problem is, if he continues to do well, which it seems like he will, there will always be people calling. You just never know what he wants for himself. Some people like Snyder want different things than a guy like Saban. Maybe Campbell is a Snyder. Either way, doesn't seem worth worrying about until an offer is actually made.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think Meyer being put on administrative leave shuts that down unless there is a major conspiracy afoot.

Seems pretty far fetched that all these wives knew but none of the coaches or anyone in the AD knew. Maybe Smith didn't personally know but you would think that some in the AD had heard.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Urban wife knew she was abused and she is a RN and works for tOSU nursing college...She..as an RN..is a mandatory reporter.

I'm hearing a lot about "mandatory reporters," but not much about HIPAA. Would HIPAA prevent a mandatory reporter from talking to anyone other than the authorities?

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know people are worried if they will come for Campbell. The problem is, if he continues to do well, which it seems like he will, there will always be people calling. You just never know what he wants for himself. Some people like Snyder want different things than a guy like Saban. Maybe Campbell is a Snyder. Either way, doesn't seem worth worrying about until an offer is actually made.
The comparison issue with Snyder is that he was in mid 50s when he got KState turned around. He also is kind of close to home in Manhattan.
But personality wise I can see the comparison.

Reactions: rholtgraves

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
It's probably a day of mourning at the ESPN campus.

Eh, they'll figure out by lunch today that this season is about the brave Ohio State program, despite its relative struggles in recent years, finding a way to come together and overcome off-the-field adversity that cost them their legendary coach.

It's too easy.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Urban at Florida:

The 2008 team provides a window into Florida football during that period. Tim Tebow was the star, a full-fledged phenomenon as beloved for his strong faith and motivating personality as for his on-field dominance. But a number of players on the team did not live up to Tebow’s ideal.

A roster on the university’s Web site lists 121 players, 41 of whom have been arrested, either in college or afterward, and sometimes both.

"more serious charges included aggravated stalking, domestic violence by strangulation, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny and fraudulent use of credit cards, according to criminal record databases. Most of the cases never went to trial, the charges having been dropped or pleaded down."
“Relating or blaming these serious charges to the University of Florida, myself or our staff is wrong and irresponsible,” Meyer

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
CMC just mentioned on Dan Patrick show as being on the short list to replace Meyer. Is it time to panic yet?

He didn't just say he's on the short list, Patrick said Campbell is the clubhouse's choice 'by a long shot' to replace Meyer

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Hopefully Urban gets cleared. If he doesn’t, even if Campbell doesn’t leave, the whole year that is what everyone is going to be talking about.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron