University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
It is Mrs. Smith and Mr. Jones. Shocking! Just kidding. They state their names (assume they are accurate).

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I assume the names are accurate, but I think they are pointing to the wrong person. I did a quick search for that name on FB and you can see the person that works where they say, and the picture does not match. So they are attacking the wrong person.

The daughter of the person they are attacking and linking on twitter is on there trying to plead with them that they have the wrong person.

I assume there are multiple people in Iowa with that name.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I assume the names are accurate, but I think they are pointing to the wrong person. I did a quick search for that name on FB and you can see the person that works where they say, and the picture does not match. So they are attacking the wrong person.

The daughter of the person they are attacking and linking on twitter is on there trying to plead with them that they have the wrong person.

I assume there are multiple people in Iowa with that name.
So, now the video person has made a terrible wrong by posting this and getting the wrong name out. Why can’t people just not post stuff until they have the correct facts? Are the people who harass the wrong person going to get hammered, probably not.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So, now the video person has made a terrible wrong by posting this and getting the wrong name out. Why can’t people just not post stuff until they have the correct facts? Are the people who harass the wrong person going to get hammered, probably not.
I assume the names are correct in the original video. Its just people in the comments started linking someone's linkedin and saying where she worked and all that, and it appears that it is not the right person with that name. As the daughter of that person keeps trying to comment on those posts that it is not her. And that her mom is now being called in for a meeting about it. There is no picture on the Linkedin. So I just happened to try FB to see, and a profile popped up and said the same place of employment and the picture did not look like the person in the video.

So my feeling is they are Doxing someone that has the same name as the person in the video, but that person is not the same person.

People are too dumb to realize there might be more than one person with the same name and in turn are harassing the wrong person.

edit: the og poster on twitter confirmed this. That the person targeted through linkedin is the wrong person with the same name.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So this Brandon Walker guy stands up and tells Iowa fans to throw beers at him, which they do, and some painfully inaccurate person hits the lady who was laughing along with Brandon while he was encouraging fans to throw beers at him. Got it.

Didn’t happen.

Happens everywhere.

Bad aim hit the pregnant woman after the guy deserved it.

Keep digging. Yikes.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Post title needs to add on: University of Iowa has the worst football fans and coaches and QB.

After 3 games, including an FCS opponent and a team (Nevada) that lost to Incarnate Word while giving up 55 points, Spenser Petras is still ranked dead last on ESPN's Total QBR. He is 127th out of 127 Quarterbacks.

By the way, the #1 QB is Daniels of Kansas and #2 is Duggan of TCU. 70% of the Big 12 quarterbacks are in the top 50 (Dekkers is 42nd). That compares to 50% of the B1G and 43% of SEC. There is a statistic you will never see in print or aired on TV.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Post title needs to add on: University of Iowa has the worst football fans and coaches and QB.

After 3 games, including an FCS opponent and a team (Nevada) that lost to Incarnate Word while giving up 55 points, Spenser Petras is still ranked dead last on ESPN's Total QBR. He is 127th out of 127 Quarterbacks.

By the way, the #1 QB is Daniels of Kansas and #2 is Duggan of TCU. 70% of the Big 12 quarterbacks are in the top 50 (Dekkers is 42nd). That compares to 50% of the B1G and 43% of SEC. There is a statistic you will never see in print or aired on TV.
...Never see on TV unless The Bear points it out.

Unless someone uses it to claim that the Big 12 plays no defense despite it being true now when almost no Big 12 QBs have faced Big 12 defenses.

• Winner
Reactions: nrg4isu

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
This is what losers universally do. Find something to make them feel morally superior. Ignore the fact of all the classless acts directed at our players the entire game. Your 3 major programs are run by a racist, a rapist and a rage a holic. Get over yourself.

It's even more telling that much of those labels are interchangeable! Feels like a trick question on a match up quiz.

At leat 2 racists. Multiple shady dealings in rape cases. Multiple rageaholics.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
I don't believe for a second that someone threw a full beer at a pregnant woman's head.

I don't believe for a second that someone threw full beers at the OP's girlfriends's face.

I don't believe for a second that someone was throwing batteries.

Someone throwing trash on the field because they're upset at the officiating is not the same thing as throwing something at X. (To be 100% clear I do not condone throwing *anything* on the field)

I don't believe for a second that some sports personality who most people have never heard of then had death threats made to his wife and that she was also doxxed because of some innocuous comments he made. Like where do people come up with this ****?
Go to an cyhawk game in Iowa city decked in cyclone gear. You might change your mind. I was an iowa fan in the late 80s when I witnessed this kind of behavior and it turned me against Iowa. I've never seen the same behavior to the same degree elsewhere.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Go to an cyhawk game in Iowa city decked in cyclone gear. You might change your mind. I was an iowa fan in the late 80s when I witnessed this kind of behavior and it turned me against Iowa. I've never seen the same behavior to the same degree elsewhere.
Shawker is in denial. I was brought up to be a fan of both sides. That ended by the time I was 19. I have had stuff thrown at me, watched it thrown at other people, people yelling obscenities from windows toward my mother-in-law that she was a "fat pig" while she weighed 120 pounds at 5' 7", and so on. I witnessed a doctor (Iowa State undergrad and Iowa med school) get screamed at by a crazy, wildly drunk married couple in the stands. He finally told them he was an Iowa grad - they were completely confused - it was hilarious to watch. The doc has since told he he will never set foot in IC again. He simply has had enough. There are 100's of these stories.

Shawker - wear Iowa State gear to an Iowa State/Iowa game in Iowa City as a social experiment. I am not naive to say this never happens at Ames, but imo, it happens 50x (yes 50x) more in Iowa City. People have had enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeloClone

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
So missed this thread when it was originally opened, and just read it all now. All I have really gathered is the conundrum of how hawk fans can be so constantly intoxicated when they part ways with their beers so easily? To be drunk, don't you actually have to drink the beer?

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Let’s stop the stupid political comments. Go to the cave if you want to.
Good luck. It’s always the same side interjecting politics into threads that have nothing to do with politics.

Thavetind

Aug 12, 2022
I've been to a bunch of places to see ISU football and basketball games. Bowl games, KC for the hoops tournament, road games at K-State, OSU, WVU etc. And Iowa.

Almost every fan is hospitable and polite almost to a fault. There is gentle ribbing and the drunk people and/or frat boys can be annoying but it's nothing serious.

You get offered food and beer at all of these places. There were people in Morgantown even offering to host us for a post-game party with drinks and dinner at their house. Some of the best people in the world, enjoying the camaraderie and wanting to make sure you enjoy your time in their state, city, university's campus. (Of course they want to win the game more than that, but they know that treating you well doesn't affect the outcome.)

And there are some good Iowa fans like this too, no doubt.

But nowhere has anywhere close to as large of a minority of a**hole fans like Iowa City does. Not even close. And yes, I'm sure it would be different if I went to, say, a Purdue game in Boilermaker clothes instead of a Cy-Hawk. But so many of them are pure nastiness, rude, harassing, even assaulting with objects.

Even the ribbing (from the otherwise alright people) is much more direct and targeted. Maybe students had things to do then and were studying, I took an APA paper writer for the sake of playing through https://edusson.com/apa-paper-writing-service because I didn't have time to do it myself. Which comes with the rivalry territory, I guess, but there is also a heavy coating of "We are always better than you and don't you forget it."

Iowa City is without a doubt the worst place to catch a game as a Cyclone fan. And it's encouraging that neutral observers are starting to talk more about this as well.

I think it's not just in Iowa, but in other states as well. Maybe it's just a matter of fate to be treated that way, but that's just good to know. Because the standard showdown between fans and students and drunks is just what they want, and it's getting tiresome.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I think it's not just in Iowa, but in other states as well. Maybe it's just a matter of fate to be treated that way, but that's just good to know. Because the standard showdown between fans and students and drunks is just what they want, and it's getting tiresome.
I lived in IC and in Ames and traveled to both for decades for business and sporting events

Majority of Iowa fans are decent. Especially the native Iowa City folk and the U of Iowa alumni.

It's the fringe who descend on Iowa City on game days, or back @ their sh#tholle small towns (or CR area, which is basically made up of small town/farm transplants).
~ If they're not high school grads cheering on 'their Hawks", they attended Kirkwood CC, NIACC, DMACC, Loras, UNI, Grandview, Simpson, et al

living vicariously through Hawkeye sports. The Panther/Purple Hawks are the fking worst

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I lived in IC and in Ames and traveled to both for decades for business and sporting events

Majority of Iowa fans are decent. Especially the native Iowa City folk and the U of Iowa alumni.

It's the fringe who descend on Iowa City on game days, or back @ their sh#tholle small towns (or CR area, which is basically made up of small town/farm transplants).
~ If they're not high school grads cheering on 'their Hawks", they attended Kirkwood CC, NIACC, DMACC, Loras, UNI, Grandview, Simpson, et al

living vicariously through Hawkeye sports. The Panther/Purple Hawks are the fking worst
When UNI played Drake in Des Moines last month, there were plenty of people wearing the black and yellow parakeet shirts. They don’t have anything purple in their closet so what else are they going to wear. Same fan base.

Help Support Us

Become a patron