University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Funny you mention a Purdue game at Kinnick as if maybe hokroaches are well behaved in that game. I happened to be at the 2015 Purdue at Iowa game (Iowa won big) and Iowa fans were asshats to Purdue fans/cheerleaders. It had snowed the night before so there was a ton of wet heavy snow still in the stands. Their loser fans kept throwing snowballs at the team and cheerleaders to the point that the PA announcer had to tell people to stop (they didn't). A Purdue cheerleader got pelted in the face by a snowball. That hokroach fan not only wasn't kicked out but was celebrated by the others in the stands.
Never happened. If it did, happens everywhere.

- @Shawker

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
The worst thing that ever happened to me after the CyHawk game actually happened in Ames. I was leaving a party near sorority circle in my car and one of the dudes in a pack of hawk dooshes threw a keg tapper handle through the back window. Old Milwaukee iirc.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Instances of bad fan behavior occur in a lot of places (including Ames). But rarely do I see the defense of this bad behavior as strongly as I see from Hawk fans.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
When I was walking to my car from Kinnick after the infamous Seneca comeback win…. nobody threw full cans of beer at me….. only about 4 empty ones.

My kid was in the ISU band the last time ISU played in Kinnick when they made our band sit at the top of the stadium. She said Iowa fans were trying to trip ISU band members walking down the steps of Kinnick. That is extremely dangerous.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Keep in mind, that a lot of the problems at Veishea were caused by these roaches coming to Ames starting the problems.
Was there a lot of drinking and partying, sure. But the truly terrible stuff usually was started by out of towners/squawks, and escalated from there.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron