Under the Dome

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am still watching but they need to wrap it up. They either need to all die or find a way out of the dome. If they want to keep viewers watching they need to wrap it up, then slam a dome somewhere else and start over with a new cast of characters. It's actually getting to the point where I am annoyed at the lack of creativity. End this cast, let them out, or kill them all. Then start over again. Just keep putting the dome on different communities. Just my opinion. Oh yeah and fire the writers and get new ones.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
When it initially started I felt it had some promise but now it just a mess. It's kind of like Revolution. I still watch it for some reason even though it goes nowhere.
If it wasn't available On Demand I would not keep up with it. It's not like I am sitting around the house anxiously awaiting 9pm every Monday.
Watching these shows, Revolution and Believe have more of a storyline to the future than Under the Dome does. I mean, what do you do being under the Dome for years? There is a reason it is on during the summer.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Didn't even bother with Season 2. I really enjoyed the book and was fine with them taking some liberties with the plot when it came to putting it on TV. Throughout most of the first episode I was pretty hopeful, then somewhere along the line they just butchered it. Finished the season on Netflix and depending on how bad Iowa is in basketball this winter, might suffer through the next season if its out by then.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
BTW can one of you who read the book do a "Spoiler" on how the book ends. I need some sort of ending and I know I won't get it with the TV show. They will cancel it before that happens

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
BTW can one of you who read the book do a "Spoiler" on how the book ends. I need some sort of ending and I know I won't get it with the TV show. They will cancel it before that happens

Sure

Basically the good characters are fugitives in town from the cops/Big Jim and find out through the dreams/seizures that aliens are controlling the Dome. Some of the meth addicts get upset with Big Jim and blow up all the stored propane and causes a huge fire that uses most of the 02. Almost everyone is burned alive or sufficate and I think maybe a total of 3 people make it out. Think the aliens let them out but not sure, its been about 3 years since I read it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That's the thing with shows like this. They really need to be produced as a miniseries so you can see some sort of story progression. This just seems to muddle about from one easily resolved disaster to the next (red rain, dust storm, lack of food) While those are cheesy sub plots to the main story it just doesn't seem to have enough direction to keep it moving forward.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I've never seen this show but I am curious if they've ever explained what the dome is and why it's there.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've never seen this show but I am curious if they've ever explained what the dome is and why it's there.
No they haven't, but they act as if the dome is some sort of sentient being because whenever something happens they proclaim "the dome wanted it that way"

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Anyone else liking this show? It's getting weird, and I like it.

Thoughts on the kids that have powers?

Has there been a thread on this? This show has been solid. CBS has to be loving it. Pretty cool taking a Stephen King Novel and making a TV Series about it.

"The Pink Stars are Falling in Lines."
IFWT_CBS-Time-Warner_3.jpg
The redhead is HOT,......that is all.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Spoiler from the book ending --> The kids figure it out and save Chester's Mill.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I watched all of last season. I loved the first couple episodes but after that the episodes had hardly any meat to them. I honestly thought it was only supposed to be a 1 season series but it's like somewhere right after the first couple episodes CBS must have thought, "Wow this show is way more popular than we thought! How can we extend this show to longer than 1 season and make more money?" It annoyed me then and the first episode of season 2 annoyed me again so I decided to quit watching. They are just going to cancel the show for diminishing interest before they figure out what caused the stupid dome in the first place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron