Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Look I think Ben Jacobson is an extremely overrated coach, but didn't UNI win their conference's regular season title this year?
UNI is in bad shape and its well documented. UNI doesn't have to compete the deep pockets of KU, OSU, BYU, Baylor, etc. If ISU is going to compete in the Big12 it's going to need major money.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
He’s leaving and that’s fine he needs to do what’s best for him. I’m confident and glad we have TJ to adjust to this new era of whatever it will become. I’m just hoping our next TV deal or maybe big ten invite will shrink the gap some. It’s just a damn mess.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Mr. Tuco, everything you have posted is some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses have you been even close to anything that would be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this message board is now dumber for having read your posts. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
The rich get richer. College sports have been ruined with this ******* NIL. No reason to give a **** when the good players will just transfer to the blue bloods when they’re good. Having to pay college kids big money to attend your school just to compete is ridiculous and bull ****. Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, SEC schools, Ohio State, etc will soon no longer even go after high school kids. They’ll just pay the top players from other schools to play for them. The sport is ruined and soon the sport won’t matter. Schools like ISU will have to bust they’re ass recruiting kids out of high school, develop them, only for them to transfer to the blue bloods for money.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
But is it one time to actually transfer or one time to "enter portal".

If you enter portal do you have to leave your current school no matter what?

I'm thinking if you can enter portal and come back, every player should just enter portal every year. Imagine a backup PG wherever Tyrese is going to end up, he should already be shopping if he wasn't already.
A player can return to their current school although there MIGHT be some hard feelings/questions. Iowa had a walk-on enter the portal last year only to return to Iowa when they offered him a scholly.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The big programs have been feeding their 2nd tier players out to the rest of the sport for decades.
You are seriously using the word 'poached' here? lol. The big programs are mostly willingly letting 2nd tier players go, while they reload with more 5 stars or poach other schools proven players. That's poaching.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
The discussion is NIL and I simply do not see the NIL deals at Kansas (mentioned only as that is the school I pay attention to) being the primary reason for someone to transfer there. Guys just aren't getting the type of deals there that non-KU people think they are.

It seems like the bigger issue would be that Otz just isn't running a very player-friendly, high scoring offensive system yet. Being PG on a team that struggles to score does not create the highlight package and stat collection that helps a guy get to the next level.

High scorer on 2 win team that does not play defense is not a resume for an NBA Career.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The rich get richer. College sports have been ruined with this ******* NIL. No reason to give a **** when the good players will just transfer to the blue bloods when they’re good. Having to pay college kids big money to attend your school just to compete is ridiculous and bull ****. Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, SEC schools, Ohio State, etc will soon no longer even go after high school kids. They’ll just pay the top players from other schools to play for them. The sport is ruined and soon the sport won’t matter. Schools like ISU will have to bust they’re ass recruiting kids out of high school, develop them, only for them to transfer to the blue bloods for money.
Assuming he goes to one of those programs. But what if he chooses to go somewhere like Wisconsin or Marquette or some other program that is scoring a bunch and racking up stats? Is the sport still broken?

Has Hunter said anything about where he's looking or why he's leaving?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
It was NO ACCIDENT WHEN KANSAS PLAYED UNC FOR THE NATL TITLE...I SEE ONLY THE BLUE BLOODS IN THE FINAL FOUR IN THE FUTURE!!

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Assuming he goes to one of those programs. But what if he chooses to go somewhere like Wisconsin or Marquette or some other program that is scoring a bunch and racking up stats? Is the sport still broken?

giphy.gif

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015

No inside info whatsoever but would not be surprised if he doesn't end up at Marquette...maybe not but much more likely than North Carolina.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Of course they do. There is no bigger marketing, alumni, and community involvement driver than Athletics. That's before we get into the discussion of providing educational opportunities for a minority cohort that every school in the country is in competition to attract to diversify their campus communities.
Not disagreeing that sports have a role in alumni relations & fundraising.

But for schools like UNI, Illinois State, South Dakota State is there a different scholarship funding model? Closer to what a Drake, Central or Grandview use?

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
You are seriously using the word 'poached' here? lol. The big programs are mostly willingly letting 2nd tier players go, while they reload with more 5 stars or poach other schools proven players. That's poaching.
It’s going to be tough to beat those teams when they can go 8 deep or so and not miss a beat.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Half of the teams from the league I watched growing up won't even be in the league anymore (once OU leaves). We'll all adapt.
And yet the past 3 teams that made it to the national championship will still remain in the league. Basketball wise, it'll be fine.

Help Support Us

Become a patron