Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Jamie Pollard better throw a fit about tampering. If not, Iowa St will forever be just a feeder team
There's literally no enforcement mechanism for tampering at the NCAA level so he can yell, scream and shout all he wants and nothing changes.

Plus, 99% of these kids are smart enough to run everything through a high school or AAU coach.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not over for me. Will renew my season tickets once again and root for ISU.
I'm with you, brother.

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
On a side note, I really think Tyrese's announcement is going to be one of the most followed or publicized transfers. While the bb gurus have said long line for this one before....they are labeling it HUGE HUGE portal news. He's not a grad transfer or a kid that wanted to leave a mid-major to prove himself at a higher level. Or is he? Did he think ISU was not 'enough' to get where he wanted to be? (and I'm not referring to $)
He should talk to Monte and Halliburton about getting to the league. That is, if he wants to get to the league.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And now when they buy a transfer, it's one less big time recruit they are bringing in. There's not a ton of all-conference freshman who aren't likely to go pro, that's a small window of guys you're describing. I know you love freaking out, and this is a great chance to have a terrible take that this will be the end of college basketball, but things really aren't going to be that different. The top schools will still get the most talent. Nothing new there.

I guess we make sure all of our players get $0 NIL money since it’s a total non factor in ISU remaining at its current level.

Stupid stuff even by contrarian standards.

• Haha
Reactions: CyJack13

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Not over for me. Will renew my season tickets once again and root for ISU.
Same here, but I feel like my future love for ISU is going to have less and less to do with the guys on the court and more to do with nostalgia and pride for the school. Eventually you're going to get to fans young enough not to know any different, and it will be interesting to see if the numbers are as big. I kind of doubt it - think of what Niang, Morris, and Mitrou-Long did for this program, and how much less likely the current landscape makes it for a group like that to ever come together.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Jamie Pollard better throw a fit about tampering. If not, Iowa St will forever be just a feeder team

He does that and we'll be annihilated on the recruiting trail and be in much worse shape than letting it go. Besides, you think we aren't talking to kids on scholarship elsewhere? No one wants to draw attention to this.

Reactions: WastedTalent

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The meltdowns in here are a bit much. Does it suck? Yes. But it's not the end of the world. It's literally college basketball. If this is the only thing you have to be outraged about right now, then I envy you.
Has nothing to with the player personally. Its what the Supreme Court did that caused this. This is only the beginning, they've officially opened Pandora's box and teams like Iowa State will be left in the dust scrambling to throw together a roster every year.

• Haha
Reactions: Halincandenza

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don't blame Hunter one bit and wish him well at his next stop.

This system really, really sucks.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Same here, but I feel like my future love for ISU is going to have less and less to do with the guys on the court and more to do with nostalgia and pride for the school. Eventually you're going to get to fans young enough not to know any different, and it will be interesting to see if the numbers are as big. I kind of doubt it - think of what Niang, Morris, and Mitrou-Long did for this program, and how much less likely the current landscape makes it for a group like that to ever come together.
Half of the teams from the league I watched growing up won't even be in the league anymore (once OU leaves). We'll all adapt.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
So at the risk of getting even more disappointed, what do you think George is implying here? That he knows Tyrese didn't really like ISU, that he knows Tyrese has always wanted to play for a blue blood, that Tyrese doesn't think our coaches or our offense can showcase him enough? (which I doubt since he blew up nationally during Sweet 16 run).
What the heck is it?
This is catastrophic, good luck finding another guard like that.
You just said the Big 12 freshman of the year will have trouble getting playing time at a blue blood school and now you say he is irreplaceable... Kinda contradictory...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Clark has 152K followers on Instagram, 29K on Twitter and probably 100K plus on tick tok. She is a national name

Hunter has maybe 10% of the following and isn't widely known outside of the region and MBB diehards

Also a little different in that a lot of the WBB "followings" and PR is really working to promote the sport. Paige Bueckers has a million Instagram followers which is great for growing interest in the sport. Bueckers and Boston from SC have deals with real companies which will make them some money but it's not fake NIL like what is going in in MBB, it's more actual business transactions. NIL on the WBB side seems to be players actually capitalizing on their fame and name while NIL on the MBB side is just pay for play like it has always been just now more open in the bidding.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
I seriously believe Tyrese got word AJ Green is going to be on the roster next year. Tyrese thought he would be the focus of next year's offense and build a resume for the '23 draft. For how effective Green is in volume I wouldn't blame him to playing 1 year somewhere else.

If that theory is completely wrong then forget everything I just said.