Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Because no big time player is going to be the 6th forward on your roster so the talent will still be dispersed as it is today.

Really? I'd rather be a back up at school A and make $600,000 than start for school B for free tuition and room/board etc. I'd get that at school A anyway. If I'm good enough to play pro, I'll play pro. Might as well get rich in college. :cool:

Reactions: CycloneErik

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What people need to understand is that ISU could have paid Tyrese, but it's not sustainable for a school like us to pay for what Tyrese could be, which is what other schools will be paying for.
I'm not following your logic here. Are you speaking on he'd have to be paid even more the next yr., and the next yr? Well he'd be in the draft by then.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
One time for immediate eligibility. All others you gotta sit out

But is it one time to actually transfer or one time to "enter portal".

If you enter portal do you have to leave your current school no matter what?

I'm thinking if you can enter portal and come back, every player should just enter portal every year. Imagine a backup PG wherever Tyrese is going to end up, he should already be shopping if he wasn't already.

Reactions: heitclone

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Duke Kansas UNC Kentucky have always been the Dodgers and Yankees of CBB, and CBB (and CFB) have had much less parity than professional leagues for decades.
Sort of true, but the blue bloods couldn't buy our players before. At least not without them having to sit out a year. Now you want to recruit and develop as best you can (as before), but you have to acknowledge that any kid you are developing could get bought by bigger pocket books just as they are getting good. Again, just makes me think of the Royals and A's. You do all the work mining for diamonds, and the big spenders win with them on their rosters.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Really? I'd rather be a back up at school A and make $600,000 than start for school B for free tuition and room/board etc. I'd get that at school A anyway. If I'm good enough to play pro, I'll play pro. Might as well get rich in college. :cool:

Just end the thread here. It’s not as hard to understand as we’re making it.

• Agree
Reactions: Raiders70

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Yes because there will be many scenarios like this where only one elite school in the country wants to pay you. Visiting teams will need to reconfigure seating to accommodate Kentucky's 85 man basketball roster.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
We're going to be relegated to a de-facto farm school (no, not the Ag type). This is a direct result of the NIL free-for-all. Gonna have to recruit like hell out of high school and mid-majors and hope we can get a year or two of good production before someone buys them away from us.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
If there is a huge NIL deal out there to take and that's why he goes, fine. How does he know that before entering the portal? That's what is fishy to me. If he wants to leave because he just doesn't want to be at ISU, that's fine too.
Bill Self has been tampering again like he always has.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Recruiting and developing high school kids at the high major level is over. Why would you do that?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
But is it one time to actually transfer or one time to "enter portal".

If you enter portal do you have to leave your current school no matter what?

I'm thinking if you can enter portal and come back, every player should just enter portal every year. Imagine a backup PG wherever Tyrese is going to end up, he should already be shopping if he wasn't already.
You can enter it as many times as you want and can back out and stay at the school if you’d like