Bowen - SO
Pryce Sandfort - FR
Riley Mulvey - JR
Nimmers - RS FR (walkon)
Freeman - FR
Harding - FR
Dembele - FR
Carter Kingsbury - RS SO (walkon)

This would be my prediction for Iowa’s starting 5 next year and reserves. There are two other walkons not listed above that will not play but the ones I did list may have a shot and Nimmers may even get moved up to a scholarship.

That roster is… pretty bad.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Dix
Perkins
Payton Sandfort
PMac
Krikke

——-———————————-

Bowen - SO
Pryce Sandfort - FR
Riley Mulvey - JR
Nimmers - RS FR (walkon)
Freeman - FR
Harding - FR
Dembele - FR

This would be my prediction for Iowa’s starting 5 next year and reserves. There are two other walkons not listed above that will not play but the ones I did list may have a shot and Nimmers may even get moved up to a scholarship.

Well, we've seen Fran polish turds before. But getting this lineup of guys back to the NCAA Tournament would be his finest masterpiece yet.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Dix
Perkins
Payton Sandfort
PMac
Krikke

——-———————————-

Bowen - SO
Pryce Sandfort - FR
Riley Mulvey - JR
Nimmers - RS FR (walkon)
Freeman - FR
Harding - FR
Dembele - FR

DERPTH!!!!

Reactions: jcyclonee

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He said "From the Iowa side, Iowa feels confident in getting BJ Mack" on KXNO yesterday.

Doesn't sound like he's a take for Alabama or Arkansas.

Which is hilarious because Kakert was on KXNO late last week whining and crying that Alabama's bag man will probably step in and Mack won't even make it to Iowa for the visit.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well, we've seen Fran polish turds before. But getting this lineup of guys back to the NCAA Tournament would be his finest masterpiece yet.

The only shot is if Sandfort makes a Uhtoff like leap next year and hits shots all over the court at a stupid high clip.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Apparently C. Clark and CMac are...dating? Adorable.

giphy.gif

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
The starting 5 is probably a tad below average but the bench is very very bad.
That's why getting Mack would be big for them. Personally, I'd start Mack and Krikke, even if they are similar. Neither are great shooters, but talent wise, they'd be 2 of the top 5 on that team. Allows you to move Sandford and pmac to their more natural positions of 2 and 3, and play Perkins as the point. Lots of length in that lineup.

Pmac at the 4 makes for some wanky lineups, and very questionable post depth.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That's why getting Mack would be big for them. Personally, I'd start Mack and Krikke, even if they are similar. Neither are great shooters, but talent wise, they'd be 2 of the top 5 on that team. Allows you to move Sandford and pmac to their more natural positions of 2 and 3, and play Perkins as the point. Lots of length in that lineup.

Agree! Getting him would help a lot. Problem is they’re probably not going to land them and their next move will be to move Nimmers to scholarship.

• Love
Reactions: Allikat

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dix
Perkins
Payton Sandfort
PMac
Krikke

——-———————————-

Bowen - SO
Pryce Sandfort - FR
Riley Mulvey - JR
Nimmers - RS FR (walkon)
Freeman - FR
Harding - FR
Dembele - FR

Repeating but that seems to be the common theme the past few years. It's not a sustainable formula for winning in March but they get credit for getting tourney bids.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Repeating but that seems to be the common theme the past few years. It's not a sustainable formula for winning in March but they get credit for getting tourney bids.
While true, they’ve had 4 straight years with an all American on their team and 3 of the 4 of those years had POYs on the team. If someone comes out of nowhere and produces like they did, then sure, I could see them being decent again. If not, they’re bottom of the Big 10 with that roster imo

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
There are two other walkons not listed above that will not play but the ones I did list may have a shot and Nimmers may even get moved up to a scholarship.

I think the Belmont walk-on will actually play quite a bit. Out of necessity.

Reactions: Statefan10

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Playing Sandfort and/or PMac at guard has been one of their biggest issues. Neither can guard and playing them out of position exacerbates the problem.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Read on his twitter that he is going to take a couple of days before making up his mind on which school he will pick. I, too, hope it is SC.
If it's not Iowa, Fran probably awards Nimmers a scholarship, or the Belmont transfer from Iowa City

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron