Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Someone here was saying Iowa reporters were pretty confident he’d choose Iowa so I was just wondering what was up
I don't pay attention to that stuff. Just read the premium board and that is where the insider info is at.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
CJ Fredrick is in the portal. Guess things didn't work out too well at UK.
That kid just needs to go overseas somewhere and make a little cash playing while his body still might be able to hold up. Pretty good player when healthy, but he's just never 100%.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
If Dix and Bowen were better than Ulis, why weren't they getting his minutes already? I feel like I barely saw Bowen play once Big 10 play started. Dix looked OK in his limited minutes. Neither looked demonstratively better than Ulis IMO, who was not good at all.
You watch a lot of Iowa basketball.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
You watch a lot of Iowa basketball.
College basketball in general, but yes, I watch a lot of Hawk games with my father in law who is a die hard. He lives alone so my wife and I spend a lot of time with him and there isn't much to do in the winter months. I don't ever just watch a Hawk game by myself for fun. Yuck.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
That kid just needs to go overseas somewhere and make a little cash playing while his body still might be able to hold up. Pretty good player when healthy, but he's just never 100%.
He is a good shooter but pretty one dimensional, or at least he is now after the injuries he has suffered. He only shot 31% from deep this year, that's pretty rough when it's supposed to be your thing. I am not sure he's a P6 player anymore at this point, or if there would be much of a market for him overseas for that matter.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He said "From the Iowa side, Iowa feels confident in getting BJ Mack" on KXNO yesterday.

Doesn't sound like he's a take for Alabama or Arkansas.
Guessing he’ll end up at South Carolina then. He’s originally from Charlotte. I just read an article saying it’d be cool for his family to be able to watch him a lot next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Allikat

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Guessing he’ll end up at South Carolina then. He’s originally from Charlotte. I just read an article saying it’d be cool for his family to be able to watch him a lot next year.

It's a weird fit for Iowa. I don't think it changes their outlook much either way. The guy who was supposed to visit but committed to Virginia would of been big for them. Good defender and rebounder. Mack is repetitive with Krikke and it wouldn't go well playing them together.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's a weird fit for Iowa. I don't think it changes their outlook much either way. The guy who was supposed to visit but committed to Virginia would of been big for them. Good defender and rebounder. Mack is repetitive with Krikke and it wouldn't go well playing them together.
Yeah I agree I think one of them would’ve ended up coming off the bench.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He is a good shooter but pretty one dimensional, or at least he is now after the injuries he has suffered. He only shot 31% from deep this year, that's pretty rough when it's supposed to be your thing. I am not sure he's a P6 player anymore at this point, or if there would be much of a market for him overseas for that matter.
Yeah I guess I haven’t seen him play in the last couple years. Prior to the injuries he seemed athletic enough to be a P6 and overseas pro given his skill. But that might not be in the cards for him anymore with all the injuries.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes this past weekend. No commitment and the other schools interested makes me skeptical
Yeah after reading the article about him talking about South Carolina I’d be pretty surprised if he chose Iowa

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Interesting that ISU's biggest weakness heading into the portal is scoring and 3 point shooting. Otz then goes out and gets three proven D1 guards who all shoot 36% or better from 3..

Iowa needs better athletes to play defense, yet they are targeting slow defenders with no ability to upgrade their team defense..

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Interesting that ISU's biggest weakness heading into the portal is scoring and 3 point shooting. Otz then goes out and gets three proven D1 guards who all shoot 36% or better from 3..

Iowa needs better athletes to play defense, yet they are targeting slow defenders with no ability to upgrade their team defense..
They’re going to have an interesting team next year

Help Support Us

Become a patron