Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
College basketball in general, but yes, I watch a lot of Hawk games with my father in law who is a die hard. He lives alone so my wife and I spend a lot of time with him and there isn't much to do in the winter months. I don't ever just watch a Hawk game by myself for fun. Yuck.
Well it is better than watching paint dry, barely.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
It's in East Lansing though so that's going to be a route

Yeah, Michigan State will be the Big Ten favorite for many.

I do think Maryland (depending on Dickinson) and Illinois (depending on TSJ decision) could be other top 5 Big Ten teams so a bit of a tough draw to get them both twice in addition to Purdue. Wisconsin as well... AJ Storr was a surprisingly nice add to all that they bring back.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I realize the Big 12 is heading this direction and it's just how things are in major collegiate athletics right now, but 14 team conferences are gross.

I will miss the true round robin format in basketball.

And in football, scheduling luck makes all the difference in the world. A topic for another thread but look at how much it impacts Iowa's season by season results.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Playing Penn State home and away while only playing Nebraska once it terrible scheduling by the conference... 14-team BIG should follow divisions and everyone plays H/A games against their division

These large conferences need a POD system in the future.

B1G
USC, UCLA, NEB, MN
Iowa, Wisc, IL, NW
PSU, OSU, UM, MSU
IU, Pur, RU, MD

12 game football schedule:
1 buy game
3 games against your pod (alternating home)
8 more games against two other pods (play home and away at least once every 3 years)

22 game conference basketball schedule:
6 games, home and away against your pod
8 games, home and away against rotating pod (shifts annually on a 3-year rotation)
8 games playing everyone else at least once (alternating home games every 3 years)

Help Support Us

Become a patron