Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I had to roll my eyes at the way the announcers kept stating how deep, tough and talented the B1G is this year. They have FIVE teams ranked you know! (35% of conference vs Big 12 at 40-50%)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wouldn't surprise me if this were true. I used to have some respect for those two, even if the rest of the team are a bunch of hard to cheer for goofballs. They used to play with no emotion, just played hard and went about their business while the McCaffrey trio and Jorbo did their belly aching to the refs. In recent games however, I've noticed that the latter behavior is contagious and the Murray's aren't immune. Not impressed by them nor anything affiliated with Hok basketball anymore. They are a one trick pony and that one trick is pretty lame
Hawkeye fans think they are both pro players. I don’t think pro in Europe is what NBA means.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
They don't have a Quad 1 win...

They are gonna have to beat Mich st at home or @Ohio state...I belive that is it for Quad 1 opportunities for Iowa and at same time not lose to like Nebraska..

Or intentionally lose to Minnesota so they sneak into the Top 75 (which would elevate their road win there to Quad 1).

We all know Fran presses late in big losses and runs it up against awful teams to help the NET ranking, so I wouldn’t put it past him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hawkeye fans think they are both pro players. I don’t think pro in Europe is what NBA means.

Lots of Hok fans will go on for years how Bobo could have been a great 6th man in the NBA if not for his injuries.

Probably something in there how he's such a great teammate for letting Garza do so much scoring.

This is how these people think.

Reactions: BCClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
“Iowa football is 8-4 with two guaranted home wins vs FCS creampuffs....sometimes they win close games and schedule is soft and they exceed and get 9 or 10 wins....and then get blown out when they play someone good. Some years they lose the close ones and they are 6-6 or 7-4. This 10 year win was just the normal variation of what you see with KF...backed into B1G title game and then blown out.

Iowa B-ball is 0.500 in B1G over last 40 years. We are going to be around that this year...I suspect we have talent to be 7th place in B1G and make NCAA and Fran is going to coach them to 9th place and NIT.

Last year was the year we waited 11 years in Bball and Fran pissed it down his legs.”

My personal favorite post from that HR thread.

• Winner
Reactions: Goclones1727

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We purposely dribble out the shot clock on our last possession and Iowa responds by flinging up a 3 pointer on their last possession. That, my friends, sums up the entire game.
It’s such a losers mindset to do what Fran does and coaches talk about it. Painter was yelling at Fran from the sideline when Fran called a TO down 12 with 15 seconds left.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
We purposely dribble out the shot clock on our last possession and Iowa responds by flinging up a 3 pointer on their last possession. That, my friends, sums up the entire game.
Agreed. I will go one further as it represents the difference in culture between the two programs.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I don’t know how that resume gets you in. Unless the committee really cares about offensive efficiency and low turnover ration which has clearly been padded in games that don’t matter. Weak strength of schedule and no signature wins. Serious question - who is their best win at this point? Indiana in CHA?
It is close but Minny on the road is slightly better (of course Minny was down 4 players and a coach).
road Minny is 5 slots into Q2 (80 vs 75 for Q1)
home Indy is 7 slots into Q2 (37 vs 30 for Q1)

Edit: they have updated NET and now Indy is 36 so 6 out of Q1 while Minny dropped to 87 so 12 out of Q1. Indiana is their best win.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
“Iowa football is 8-4 with two guaranted home wins vs FCS creampuffs....sometimes they win close games and schedule is soft and they exceed and get 9 or 10 wins....and then get blown out when they play someone good. Some years they lose the close ones and they are 6-6 or 7-4. This 10 year win was just the normal variation of what you see with KF...backed into B1G title game and then blown out.

Iowa B-ball is 0.500 in B1G over last 40 years. We are going to be around that this year...I suspect we have talent to be 7th place in B1G and make NCAA and Fran is going to coach them to 9th place and NIT.

Last year was the year we waited 11 years in Bball and Fran pissed it down his legs.”

My personal favorite post from that HR thread.

The post is close but I'm not sure what they saw in last year's Iowa team that should have done better.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
This thread is gold. Whoever Chishawk1425 is they must be on the payroll or a relative of a coach or player. Every other poster is eating them for lunch.

Is Chishawk Kenyon Murray? Almost seems like it from his postings.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Anyone want to explain basketball rules to Eickholt? What a shill.

I think that's a travel, even with the new "gathering" rules. I think he gathers, first, then steps back into the 3.

Either way, once again Iowa was blown out but they complain about a call that clearly was not the difference in the game. Oh, would you feel better losing by 7 instead of 10?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think that's a travel, even with the new "gathering" rules. I think he gathers, first, then steps back into the 3.

Either way, once again Iowa was blown out but they complain about a call that clearly was not the difference in the game. Oh, would you feel better losing by 7 instead of 10?
Yeah that’s a travel and it isn’t close. And the point was to stop allowing the ridiculous gather interpretation that was letting guys travel twice over without being called.

That is a clear travel even in the period when the ridiculous fantasy “gather” interpretation was accepted for a few years.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron