Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
One of the Murray's does a sweet spin move and lays it in to cut the lead to 10 with 4 seconds left. Iowa sets up their press for one final stand...

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have zero respect for how Fran coaches his guys to just dribble
Into defenders with zero purpose in hopes of tallying up fouls. It’s such sh!tty basketball and I can’t believe how often they are rewarded for it.
It's like huggy ball but more offensive minded. Force the ref to blow the whistle

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I find it funny that Patrick is a college basketball player and the coaches son and he still dribbles with his head down.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I honestly thought it would be a close game with Iowa losing but being there until the end. Wasn't surprised to see them make a run...they do that every game.

But, as we've discussed at length, they again had a chance to get a huge win...at home...against a top 6 team. And they sh!t the bed...again.

They have what, four Q1 opportunities left? They aren't beating Illinois or Ohio State on the road. Road games at Maryland and Michigan and Penn State will be easier but no cake walk...let's be optimistic and say they go 2-1 with those three. They won't beat Michigan State at home but will win the rest (MN, NEB, UM, NW).

If my math is correct, that gets them to 20-10 (and again I am being pretty effing optimistic)...with still ZERO Q1 wins.

Does a team that goes 20-10 with a 10-10 league mark but no Q1 wins get in? They probably do, but they probably shouldn't.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
They don’t have a top 25 win yet this season. They are likely NIT bound.

They don't have a Quad 1 win...

They are gonna have to beat Mich st at home or @Ohio state...I belive that is it for Quad 1 opportunities for Iowa and at same time not lose to like Nebraska..

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's crazy how Iowa's minutes get handed out, how does JorBo get 30 minutes? I'm guessing they don't think Kris Murray can guard 2's so they need another guard starting but seems like Ulis or Perkins can give you the 6 points, 2 boards, 1 assist and 3 turnovers that Jorbo brings while also giving you a bit more athleticism. Those two aren't amazing but Jorbo got as many minutes as they did combined and their box score line looks about the same as his.

Reactions: CyNews

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
They don't have a Quad 1 win...

They are gonna have to beat Mich st at home or @Ohio state...I belive that is it for Quad 1 opportunities for Iowa and at same time not lose to like Nebraska..

Also end the season at Illinois. So home against MSU, on the road at OSU and ILL and that might be it? I was thinking there were four but maybe it's three. Gulp.

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
Fran was a ******* clown in the ISU game too, still doing the full court press down 20 in the last minute of the game.
Which is why I loved that Iowa State purposefully got a shot clock violation at the end of the game. We don't even care that this counts as a turnover. We don't need the points. This game was over a long time ago.

Reactions: NWICY