Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I don’t know how that resume gets you in. Unless the committee really cares about offensive efficiency and low turnover ration which has clearly been padded in games that don’t matter. Weak strength of schedule and no signature wins. Serious question - who is their best win at this point? Indiana in CHA?

in a side note, Connor still in the running for more fouls than points this season. And Jorbo shooting 23% from 3 and 30% from the field in big 10 play. Guy is in the court for shooting and nothing else. And he even sucks at shooting now.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I have zero respect for how Fran coaches his guys to just dribble
Into defenders with zero purpose in hopes of tallying up fouls. It’s such sh!tty basketball and I can’t believe how often they are rewarded for it.

there were some really awful calls against Purdue. Purdue big guy is getting held by Murray on a rebounds...like Murray had his arm holding onto Purdue big man arm and Purdue big didn’t even touch Murray and called foul on him...twice in row..lol.

Its how Iowa is taught to play. If you are within 15 feet of rim and shoot throw your arms up or fall down to see if you get a call.

Toussaint might be worst of them..He throws his head back 10 times a game like watching JFK Zapruder film over and over.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don’t know how that resume gets you in. Unless the committee really cares about offensive efficiency and low turnover ration which has clearly been padded in games that don’t matter. Weak strength of schedule and no signature wins. Serious question - who is their best win at this point? Indiana in CHA?

in a side note, Connor still in the running for more fouls than points this season. And Jorbo shooting 23% from 3 and 30% from the field in big 10 play. Guy is in the court for shooting and nothing else. And he even sucks at shooting now.
Suing Kron for damaged shooting probably

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This thread is gold. Whoever Chishawk1425 is they must be on the payroll or a relative of a coach or player. Every other poster is eating them for lunch.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
@messageboardgenius

I love all the excuses why people dont go to games at Carver.

Right now the best ones are, but Des Moines is two hours away, there arent enough Iowa fans near Iowa City (lol), or my personal favorite, because Barta gave the good seats to the readers and knitters!

But it absolutely cant be that Iowa fans are fairweather right? Couldnt be. I mean it’s packed for a ranked wrestling team.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
there were some really awful calls against Purdue. Purdue big guy is getting held by Murray on a rebounds...like Murray had his arm holding onto Purdue big man arm and Purdue big didn’t even touch Murray and called foul on him...twice in row..lol.

Its how Iowa is taught to play. If you are within 15 feet of rim and shoot throw your arms up or fall down to see if you get a call.

Toussaint might be worst of them..He throws his head back 10 times a game like watching JFK Zapruder film over and over.
This has been the Fran method.

You know when a really big, strong guy gets hacked, but he doesn't get any calls? Iowa is like the exact opposite of that. Get a bunch of guys with arms that would've embarrassed my daughter when she was 12, and be so weak and pathetic while you flail your frail little stick arms around with no intention of making a basketball play that officials get fooled into calling fouls.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

If the ACC weren’t so absolutely trash this year Iowa wouldn’t even be in conversation right now..

ACC might get 3-4 teams in tourney?

Yes Indiana at home is Iowa best win. Iowa has 14 wins...9 were vs sub 300 teams.

Iowa and North Carolina are only teams in Top 50 NET with zero quad 1 wins. NC is like 45th And is 14-6 like Iowa...Their resumes are identical basically. Lunardi has NC as play in game right now.

Iowa has to beat Mich st at home or @Ohio st and not lose to like Neb.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This thread is gold. Whoever Chishawk1425 is they must be on the payroll or a relative of a coach or player. Every other poster is eating them for lunch.

Post #4: “epidemy”. Lol. Bless their hearts.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
If the ACC weren’t so absolutely trash this year Iowa wouldn’t even be in conversation right now..

Yes Indiana at home is Iowa best win. Iowa has 14 wins...9 were vs sub 300 teams.

Iowa and North Carolina are only teams in Top 50 NET with zero quad 1 wins. NC is like 45th And is 14-6 like Iowa...Their resumes are identical basically. Lunardi has NC as play in game right now.

Come on Fred!

Reactions: exCYtable

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

At Illinois too.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
WTF is Kris Murray fouling for there down 12 with 11 seconds left?
Honestly, only reason can be so his brother can go down and get the uncontested layup at the end, trying to maintain his scoring average. Then try to steal the inbound pass with 4 seconds to go so he can get 2 more meaningless points to inflate his stats.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Honestly, only reason can be so his brother can go down and get the uncontested layup at the end, trying to maintain his scoring average. Then try to steal the inbound pass with 4 seconds to go so he can get 2 more meaningless points to inflate his stats.
Wouldn't surprise me if this were true. I used to have some respect for those two, even if the rest of the team are a bunch of hard to cheer for goofballs. They used to play with no emotion, just played hard and went about their business while the McCaffrey trio and Jorbo did their belly aching to the refs. In recent games however, I've noticed that the latter behavior is contagious and the Murray's aren't immune. Not impressed by them nor anything affiliated with Hok basketball anymore. They are a one trick pony and that one trick is pretty lame