Top Golf / new metro course rumors

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The guy quoted in the business record article lives here
View attachment 95901

There is 7-8 homes and a thick patch of timber between him and the site... What a joke. My guess is the people who live on this end of Glen Oaks don't want to have to fight traffic on Grand getting home and are claiming "light pollution" to sound less stuck up

View attachment 95902

Isn’t this Jerod from Subway?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
From source:
Albaugh is looking at building two 18-hole courses South of Ankeny Costco.
I haven’t been keeping up with this thread, so apologies if already discussed, but I had heard a year or so ago that Albaugh was intent on building a legit, PGA championship level course in Ankeny. Would one of these two courses be that, potentially?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I haven’t been keeping up with this thread, so apologies if already discussed, but I had heard a year or so ago that Albaugh was intent on building a legit, PGA championship level course in Ankeny. Would one of these two courses be that, potentially?
Do not know about that.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Do not know about that.
Ok. My first reaction to the idea when I heard it was “that’s ******* awesome. I hope it happens”. My second thought was “Man, Ankeny is awfully flat and barren. To build something that would could be considered a PGA event type course, there would need to be a hell of a lot of landscaping genius to pull off”.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I haven't been keeping up when or where Top Golf was building and then I visited Wall to Wall last week. Yowsa those poles are huge!

Reactions: Letterkenny