Top Golf / new metro course rumors

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Who ever thought it was a good idea to build a three story driving range with no edge. And then ply them with lots of alcohol? I was a little freaked out just on the second level. They sure are a heck of a lot more popular than any other golf course I've seen lately.

I really don't know how they talked an insurance company into coverage.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Who ever thought it was a good idea to build a three story driving range with no edge. And then ply them with lots of alcohol? I was a little freaked out just on the second level. They sure are a heck of a lot more popular than any other golf course I've seen lately.

Its a great idea

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
This would kill and is definitely a lot of fun having been to both the Phoenix, AZ and recently opened Brooklyn Center, MN locations.

I's essentially what golf has morphed into with today's fast paced environment.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
tired of Waukee getting everything.

tenor.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The only thing I am skeptical about was that Omaha is getting one and that seems close but maybe the population satisfies their criteria.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I bet you are blast to hang out with...

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
Been to the ones in the Dallas area and they are a blast for a group of people. I consider it the new bowling where instead of going out with a group to bowl you go to top golf.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I would love this. I’ve been to a number of them and they are fun every time. I could really see this being a hit in DSM

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Been to the ones in the Dallas area and they are a blast for a group of people. I consider it the new bowling where instead of going out with a group to bowl you go to top golf.
Begs for a movie. A hybrid of Happy Gilmore and Kingpin.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Having been to Top Golf several times, I'd love to disagree with you, but they are not the safest set-up. I've seen mis-hit balls off the toe of clubs go into other bays. I've seen drunk dudes stumble really close to the edge, catch themselves and then turn and laugh about it. I've seen unwatched kids step to the edge and look straight down. The nets aren't going to stop anything of substantial weight from falling.

I know there have been multiple incidents of people falling and I wouldn't really expect that to change. Top Golf is perfectly fine for 98% of the people that go there, but there will always be that 2% of idiots that find a way to prove Darwin right.

I personally love the place, but I'm also well past the stumbling drunk stage of my life.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi