Top Golf / new metro course rumors

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ok. I’ve never been to a TopGolf. Honestly don’t understand the appeal, but again…never been so I can’t really judge. I’ve never been to a Broheims’s type simulator either.

How does this impact Broheim’s (the article I read says this new place will have simulators) and/or Golf Galaxy (new place will have clubs and club fittings)?

We go to Top Golf basically every time we go to KC with our kids. Here is the appeal - you can suck at golf (like I do) or just generally dislike golf (like I do) and you can have a great time at Top Golf. It's basically a hi-fi driving range you can get drinks at and you can 6 people in a bay all hanging out.

Are you sure it’s a “date night”? Sounds to me like it’s a you play date.

Every time I've been there, there are a lot of people on dates and there have always been groups of all women, it's extremely common.
Think of it as a replacement for bowling, also a fun way for someone who doesn't golf to try. They have decent enough food and nice bars to so you can show up without a reservation, be told it's a hour wait and grab a meal, hang out at the bar, play pool, ping pong or yard games while you wait.

I think that's a fair comparison. About the same price as bowling too honestly.

Reactions: AgronAlum

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Very rich people must LOVE to hear interstate noise. Massive homes along Otter Creak and Talons in Ankeny. Massive homes off 141 in Granger/Grimes and again in WDM off I-35.
I think bigger complaint is the light. Noise is easier to ignore as, like you said I-35 is right there.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The guy quoted in the business record article lives here
1645564528067.png

There is 7-8 homes and a thick patch of timber between him and the site... What a joke. My guess is the people who live on this end of Glen Oaks don't want to have to fight traffic on Grand getting home and are claiming "light pollution" to sound less stuck up

1645564598781.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
View attachment 95901

There is 7-8 homes and a thick patch of timber between him and the site... What a joke. My guess is the people who live on this end of Glen Oaks don't want to have to fight traffic on Grand getting home and are claiming "light pollution" to sound less stuck up

View attachment 95902
Looks like a guy that struggles to get laid.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
View attachment 95901

View attachment 95902
Isn’t the location more like I circled? At least based on the images in the article?

Attachments

• 7364CCC6-22DB-43E2-85D6-8C50C9AF86BF.jpeg
    7364CCC6-22DB-43E2-85D6-8C50C9AF86BF.jpeg
    775.5 KB · Views: 22

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Na… but someone who has to TYPE from behind a keyboard about someone’s looks is pretty insure and doesn’t have a lot of self esteem/confidence… It’s actually sad.
We are entitled to our opinions. I will say you are the first person to tell me I have low self-confidence ever. Congrats on being unique.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Isn’t the location more like I circled? At least based on the images in the article?

nope. The I-35 ramp is clearly visible on the right side.

qy2iwCf.jpeg

Reactions: ianoconnor

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
View attachment 95901

View attachment 95902

Last time I was out that way, I could have sworn there was a “For Sale” sign on that plot of land you circled.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Very rich people must LOVE to hear interstate noise. Massive homes along Otter Creak and Talons in Ankeny. Massive homes off 141 in Granger/Grimes and again in WDM off I-35.

You can't find a house in Polk County (or much of Dallas) where you can't hear road noise. Trust me, I checked

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I have a hard time understanding this about the residential development NE of the I80 Waukee interchange. The interstate is literally their back yard.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron