Too quiet, let's rank the league ...

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
1. Iowa State (Depth is becoming a real advantage, unlike last season)
2. Kansas (something in me just says you can't turn your back on those ******* - like a vampire, they keep rising from the dead)
3. Kansas State (by far the best unranked team in the nation)
4. Baylor (Impressive three week run, but I keep thinking they'll come back to earth soon, like maybe February 19)
5. Texas Tech (Was it all a mirage? Jarrett Culver and a cast of thousands?)
6. Texas (They're talented, but very frustrating - especially for Shaka)
7. TCU (Another piece of fool's gold, or so it appears)
8. Oklahoma (Can't we all just get along? I mean, on the basketball court?)
9. West Virginia (One bad recruiting class, and ol' Bobby's ulcer is back!)
10. Oklahoma State (Mike Boynton is really paying his dues down in Stillwater)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This week is big. My ranking before this week:

1. ISU
2. KSU
3. KU
4. BU
5. TX
6. TxT (you might be surprised with this one, but they are freefalling hard, and it shows.)
7. TCU
8. OU
9. OSU
10. WVU

Mine is prior to Monday games and based only on Big 12 play:

1. KSU
2. ISU
3. KU
4. Murder Rapers
5. Texas
6. Tech
7. TCU
8. OU
9. WVU
10. OKSt

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Imo ISU is the best team, even without Young, but will not win the tile, potentially finishing as low as forth.

Because of the coaching right? Tell me it's because of the coaching...

Not in an obvious way. Just with subtle backhanded compliments or something.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Because of the coaching right? Tell me it's because of the coaching...

Not in an obvious way. Just with subtle backhanded compliment or something.
You have problems, but your heart is in a good place.

We can win the title, I could even see having it higher odds than 4th or 3rd. But imo the cumulative odds of all other finishes is higher. Get it?

As to your insecurities about the staff, where teams finish is a combination of many things, and coaching is in that mix. Ultimately everything is on coaching. Although I don’t think they’re as good in certain aspects as some others in the conference we’re competing with, I would not agree with a narrative of “because of coaching”. As stated, the biggest reason is I’m taking the field. We’re talented, but not talented enough to not take the field. Second, imo we’re more susceptible to the KSU or Baylor type losses than KSU or KU.

People like to use the praise for the staff by commentators like Fran as an authoritative endorsement. Why do you think they use the qualifier of we’re the “best neutral court team”? One could argue it’s style of play, but one could also argue that’s reflective of coaching, if not a coaching decision with this roster. How dare he! I bet you only listen to John and Eric from now on.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
So you have to be rooting for the purple kitties tonight, knowing they can do damage to the Jayhawks chances where we can't any more...and then the game against ISU in Manhattan has huge implications for the league title.

I just don't feel good about them beating KU in the Phog later on, this is an opportunity tonight.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

We can win the title, I could even see having it higher odds than 4th or 3rd. But imo the cumulative odds of all other finishes is higher. Get it?

As to your insecurities about the staff, where teams finish is a combination of many things, and coaching is in that mix. Ultimately everything is on coaching. Although I don’t think they’re as good in certain aspects as some others in the conference we’re competing with, I would not agree with a narrative of “because of coaching”. As stated, the biggest reason is I’m taking the field. We’re talented, but not talented enough to not take the field. Second, imo we’re more susceptible to the KSU or Baylor type losses than KSU or KU.

People like to use the praise for the staff by commentators like Fran as an authoritative endorsement. Why do you think they use the qualifier of we’re the “best neutral court team”? One could argue it’s style of play, but one could also argue that’s reflective of coaching, if not a coaching decision with this roster. How dare he! I bet you only listen to John and Eric from now on.

I use results to judge the staff. The results say this is a top 15 team in the country, 1/2 game back from 1st in the Big 12.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I use results to judge the staff. The results say this is a top 15 team in the country, 1/2 game back from 1st in the Big 12.

Find me 16 other teams that are better than Iowa State right now or who would be favored on a neutral court. That list has to be pretty dang short.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Second, imo we’re more susceptible to the KSU or Baylor type losses than KSU or KU.

giphy.webp

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So you have to be rooting for the purple kitties tonight, knowing they can do damage to the Jayhawks chances where we can't any more...and then the game against ISU in Manhattan has huge implications for the league title.

I just don't feel good about them beating KU in the Phog later on, this is an opportunity tonight.

My guess today is that game decides the B12 championship.

Great win last night. Shayok hits a couple incredible shots. My gosh, he's good.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
the game against ISU in Manhattan has huge implications for the league title.
I agree. I thought you meant tonight’s KU-KSU game.

The league title will likely come down to who can win on the road (obviously) at the bottom half teams (WVU, OU, OSU, TCU, Texas), or steal a game or two against top half.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
the game against ISU in Manhattan has huge implications for the league title.

Today, I'm guessing the ISU/K-State game will decide the B12 championship. Farmaggedon on the hardwood.
Agree with what is in red. Disagree with the second part though. And you guys losing tonight will pretty much put you out of it. (Really hope you win tonight though. **** KU)

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

You’re really small and dumb. You want this staff to fail so bad you can hardly stand it.

They’re showing how limited your knowledge really truly is, and you’re dying from it.

Really pathetic

Help Support Us

Become a patron